Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Hi guys I know i promised this a while ago to be honest I dont really know how to do a tutorial..but I guess theres always first time..so lets see how bad I can butcher this...

Weathering a vehicle part 1
Step 1
Do all your basecoats/blending and decals..basically finish your model.

Fictional character Space Machine

Step 2
This is what you will need. Rhinox Hide for old rust
Leadbealcher iron breaker for fresher scratches
AN orange colour for semi-fresh rust

Paint Metal

A sponge of any type

Linens Furniture Rectangle

Step 3
Tear of a small peice of sponge

Finger Comfort food Mineral Soil Side dish

Dip it in to the paint and then wipe off as much as possible

Leaf Tree Hand Paint Stain

Test it on your finger you need just enough to leave a mark..like dry brushing.

Finger Hand Thumb Nail

Dabbing the sponge not too hard or you will get large paint spots left.

Space

Apply over the model to desired effect..i try to hit the spots where i feel debris would regularly hit
How much to apply is a personal choice

Vehicle Machine

Step 4
Take the Leadbealcher and repeat the process...going over the previous colour..you can alternate between the metallic colour for different shades.

Finger Hand Nail Automotive tire Thumb

Blue Vehicle Space Wheel Machine

Step 5
Now taking the Organge.. repeat the process again but..not using as much and only picking out areas.

Hand Finger Thumb Drink Nail

Vehicle Fictional character

Blue Gas

Extra Effort
You can continue to alternate the colours back and forth to get some really interesting colour matches..
I dont think it really matters what order you do the paint in.

I thinks this is an easy and effective way to get a great looking weathered effect, but be careful you can over do it..take it easy and just think about what you would see in real life..Ii hope this will help you.:victory:

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If this is your first tutorial you should do more of them because it is very good. I love the effect, looks very authentic. Plus rep :good:
yes this certainly is my first one thats why it took so long.as i really didnt now what to do

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
First tut is always the hardest. Yours was very well done, easy to follow, and plenty of pictures. +rep for your work!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Great stuff man, would love to visit your shop one day and see the models with my own eyes pictures never do justice.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Wonderful, I'll probably be using this. I have some Vindicators that could use it...

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Great tut! I think you get the best result if you apply the colours in order for what they are, old rust, fresh rust and last new scratches. Also, don't use a single colour at one spot. If anything can scratch the armour it should have done so many times at different times. Left of the door etc.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
i just found this tutorial, it's going to be very handy! thanks!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Great tutorial. The fresh rust is a little too bright for my taste, but the rest is fantastic. Thanks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts