Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Irn Bru 32!
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, this is my first tut. I really hope it helps.:eek:k:

Step 1. Materials needed : suitable brush, nihilakh oxide tech paint, tissue paper.
Step 2. Paint onto the area you want to weather(you dont need to be neat here)
Step 3. Use the tissue to remove most of the paint, only leaving it in the recesses

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
You must be in my head, man. That's my next project! hahaha

Is the Nihilakh Oxide a different consistancy, or is it just like watered down light blue paint? Also have you tried the Typhus Corrosion with it? I've heard people say they work well together, but haven't spoken with anyone that's actually used it together or seen any pictures.

·
Irn Bru 32!
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Is the Nihilakh Oxide a different consistancy, or is it just like watered down light blue paint? Also have you tried the Typhus Corrosion with it? I've heard people say they work well together, but haven't spoken with anyone that's actually used it together or seen any pictures.
Hey man, the oxide paint is chalky(weird) but it goes on like a thick wash. I've not tried the combo but it seems interesting.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I've done the combo and it looks alright. Although I did it over a Leadbelcher dry brush, Typhus Corrosion then the oxide. It looks alright... I don't have any photos yet (I thought I did). I'll have to update my PLOG with my finished Plague Marine squad with the oxide rusted weapons....

·
Registered
522 Posts

I used it for the first time on my Battlewagon HERE. Combined with Ryza Rust, it's really easy and straight forward to get a convincing effect.
Typhus corrosion is a textured paint, with tiny "grit" plastics in a flat brown pigment. It creates a lovely surface, and when you drybrush with the Ryza Rust, it highlights the raised portions of the texture, and looks lovely. :good:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts