Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so after taking some advice on my weathering (thanks Horusrebord :eek:k: ) I picked up my first attack bike and tryed it out. I tryed putting the mud and dirt in places that would be more realistic. Any advice or pointers welcome. Thanks!

P.S. After looking at these pictures I see some places that need to be touched up.

·
Searching for Vulkan
2,755 Posts
I like this alot better man! I think if you keep considering your placements you'll improve in leaps man! The mud splatters are awesome in that you're showing movement with them. The only thing that doesn't work in MY own opinion is the mud on the tires. I think it's too linear and looks like you might have done it to hide something... Tires don't easily collect mud like that especially with that style of tread LOL. In all honesty I'd stay away from using sand and glue to create mud on everything. You've done very well on this one though and I gotta give you some rep on it man. If I can help you any more let me know! I have tons of pics of my stuff, both historical and warhammer related.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey guys, first off I want to say thanks to HorusReborn for all the help he has been giving me, and for the future help he might be willing to give, I HOPE! Just wanted to pop in and post a few pictures of the finished base, I know that bikes dont NEED bases but I always like to base things. Tips and pointers always welcome :grin:

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
My only thing is the White of the Marines; Not knocking your painting, the basing, and weathering is great.

I just don't like how it's hard to do anything with White armour, it looks so flat, does anyone know how to change this? I think the Marines need some depth.

But you've defo got the weathering spot on, Particularly on the tyres and the small patches on the Bolter on the front. :)

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Nice work, especially on the foot plates.:victory:

Have to agree with Horus on the tyres, but other than that i like the weathering a lot.

Only other comment would be that the marines helmets and backpacks look incredibly clean, they could do with a little bit of shading & dirtying up. Personally i'd try a very thin coat of devlan mud, but i have no idea what the results would be like as i don't have much experience painting pure whites.

If yu are planning to dirty up a lot of vehicles, have you thought about getting some weathering powders? The results are really nice and quite easy to duplicate on multiple vehicles.

Anyway, keep it up mate!

·
Searching for Vulkan
2,755 Posts
Vallejo now makes a new line of washes (I think in response to Citadel) and one of them is called Pale Grey. I have recently used it with great success on pure white models. I suggest getting it as it's a prefect shade to white and is already thinned out... Something Citadel should have made a wash for IMO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts