Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Rattlehead
6,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Just reading some stats earlier and found myself wondering what dictates the Ranges for guns? I can understand an Autocannon/Boltgun shell losing velocity so it's no longer effective, but what about Lascannons/Lasguns? Do they just lose power or do they stop abruptly?

Just wondering what other people think.

Midnight

· Rattlehead
6,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the replies, I was just wondering. Here's some brain food: what limits the range of a Kai Gun? And what limits the range of daemonic weapons (Warpfire, Daemonic Gaze)? And I haven't even got started on Lightning Arc for the Nightbringer :biggrin:

Midnight

· Rattlehead
6,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dunno, and I also don't understand Hunter-Killers. Surely if the Imperium has the tech for lock-on Krak missiles, they can have lock on Storm Eagle Missiles (Or whatever the manticore fires), or even have normal missile launchers with lock on? And just because it has a target lock, doesn't mean it's unlimited range. From here in the UK, if I fired a guided missile at something in China or Australia it probably wouldn't hit. Not if it was that small.

Snipers should definitely be longer range, as should pistols and Meltas (only by about six inches though)

Midnight

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.