Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

This may be covered in the rulebook, but we couldn't find it, and I couldn't find another post about it in these forums (so I apologize if the answer exists and I couldn't find it).

Last night my friend was shooting at one of my Immolator tanks with a venom cannon. He beat the strength of the armor on the Immolator and rolled weapon destroyed.

My question is this. With twin-linked heavy flamers, do they reduce to one single heavy flamer, or is the twin-linked weapon destroyed? We went with both being destroyed, and in one lucky shot my Immolator was reduced to a minor nuisance, especially since with his synaptic models i was unable to even cause him any trouble overrunning his units.

Thanks for any ruling on this in advance!
jgib

·
Premium Member
6,544 Posts
There are some exceptions-- there are a couple units that are described as having "two flamers firing in unison that count as a heavy flamer" and explicitly state that a weapon destroyed result downgrades it to a regular flamer. I think the only remaining examples of that are in Imperial Armour, though, since the defiler doesn't work that way in the new codex.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts