Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Good work with the bits of starter fluff mate.

Also, that new colour scheme is the dogs softies! :good:

·
To The Dark Tower Came
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
The new scheme be looks good. It strikes me as grittier than the slate blue color scheme. It might be worth trying out the color matching from the old codex, where the pants match the head wrap/ scarf and the inside of the great coat is similar.

I know these aren't ecstasy the same models so you don't have all the same areas to work with, but I think they might be a touch too simple. In particular, I'd try to lighten the gas mask. It would help to add variety and add a little more interest to the faces. Right now it looks like boots, gloves, pouches, gas mask, and bands/belts are all the same.
Yea I agree, it looks realistic and dirty, just what you would need to keep you alive in a horrific war zone.

I am hoping to pick some of those models up, because I think they would mix in pretty well with the steel legion. Just not the ones with the fluffy hats! The guy standing up has got different coloured trousers, like the example in the codex.

I get what you mean about simple, but keeping in mind I will need to paint 25 guys to fill one troop choice, simple might not be a bad thing.

But thanks for the feedback, It is a work in progress, and for the officers and special guys I will give them some more detail to reflect their nature.

Good work with the bits of starter fluff mate.

Also, that new colour scheme is the dogs softies! :good:
Thanks, glad you like it! :grin2:

·
To The Dark Tower Came
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I like the new scheme, but repainting models sucks. How many do you have to do? If I had to repaint my stuff I would give up the hobby.......
Yea it is a bit of a pain, but I would rather repaint them in a scheme I liked instead of pushing on with one I didn't like.

And only the 20 guys I did before I went travelling, and the two sentinels. So it's not to bad.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts

·
To The Dark Tower Came
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I'm very jealous of all of you who own Steel Legion forces...I would like one, but dear god would it be expensive now.
It's not to bad actually, I only had a platoon's worth to start with, I picked up a couple of extra squads on ebay, and it was pretty standard compared to the plastic cadians.

In other words, do it! :grin2:

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.