Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok first thing i will say is that i'm pissed. Why? Well as wella ll know Fanasty is out this month and as you would expect it's mainly about that....only replace the word Mainly with ALL. Yep. EVERY little thing is about fantasy. Not even a single page for LOTR or 40k. Granted it has happened to LOTR once so far but to 40k as well!!
As such i will NOT be reviewing this isssue in my normal way as it's pointless to summerise eahc part, and as a 40k and LOTR player ONLY i don't knwo that much about Fantasy only tohught seeing the game played.
If you play fantasy as your main game then it's a must but otherwise it is worth skipping really. you have the standard things like a battle report with the new rules, and indepth look at the new rules etc and verious other stuff. Also as for new releases.......well it's the rule book. ya you have the fantasy templates set and a few "gimic" modals like a Empire mascot and Merchants. The onyl other thing worth mentioning is a new Fire Dragon form Forge World and some new Black Libary books.
I'm sorry for the short review this month but i can't say much. I don't play Fantasy and don't really want to. There isn't a single thing about 40k or LOTR at all and is is soooooo dull. ONLY get this issue if you are Fantasy player 1st and everyhtign else second. If it's anything else then skip it.

Now on a tangent(to sreath this review out so it wasn't a waste of time) GW have really be letting the ball go on WD the past few years. I have been subsribing for atleast 8 years and doing these review of the issues for people who don't ahve the money to fork out month after month or are out of the way to get in normally(like Africa etc) for just over a year and the quality has really gone down him. I love LOTR and is what really got me into serious gaming rather than gettign the modals becuase i wanted to and twice they have given me an issue without even 1 page of stuff about it. Now that i'm a 40k player about as long as i have been doing these reviews they stiff me again and 1 of the reason i play 40k is that it's a great game but i can actually get games in as it's there most played game compared to LOTR. And now this happens. As far as i'm soncered GW had better step up a fair bit otherwise people will just stop buying and if this contuines i might as well. Hopefuly next months will be better with the new Daemons coming out to support both Fantasy and 40k but i'm still very pissed at them. Ok, ranting over. The review will be back to normal next month and sorry for everyone on Heresy who might be straching there heads at why i'm doing this after the second review. The rest of the reviews can be seen HERE. See you next month for another review and hopfuly i won't have to do this again anytime soon.

·
Ancient Relic
2,430 Posts
any games day news, namely on the art competition theme?

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
one thing i would say is can't you still do a review? if you as a non-fantasy hobbyist actually get something out of a particular article, even if it is just a bit more knowledge into the design process and artistry that goes into gw then it must be even more worthy of a warhammer gamer.

If you don't review it in the same way as normal are you not kind of, doing what workshop has done, and ignore a percentage of your fanbase?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I had a quick flick through mine yesterday and there was an 8 page article on building a Vampire Counts army that I thought was good. Lots of very cool and characterful multi model bases and conversions. I'll be stealing some ideas.

A few months back when WotR was released, most of the magazine was dedicated to that and I personally found that a very boring issue as I don't play. You win some you lose some.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
A few months back when WotR was released, most of the magazine was dedicated to that and I personally found that a very boring issue as I don't play. You win some you lose some.
However there where quite a few pages for both the other main systems. the point i'm making here is that there was NOTHING else. The only other thing i could find was mintures form Golden Demon and they where aLL diohrama of Fantasy. The only pictures and evne mentions i could find of 40k and LOTR where in the standard 10page adverts in the back sayign aobut demos and stores etc.

one thing i would say is can't you still do a review? if you as a non-fantasy hobbyist actually get something out of a particular article, even if it is just a bit more knowledge into the design process and artistry that goes into gw then it must be even more worthy of a warhammer gamer.

If you don't review it in the same way as normal are you not kind of, doing what workshop has done, and ignore a percentage of your fanbase?
Yes i probbaly should have still done a normal review however i was so pissed(and still am) at WD and knwo little about Fantasy i couldn't really say much other than jsut listing of what was in the mag. But that would as fun as readign someones shopping list. I will have the reviews back to normal next month and to appoligise i did leave a link in the "Review" to previous review that i have done for another site to tie you over.

any games day news, namely on the art competition theme?
Alas no. And if there where i probblay wouldn't hav ranted as much as i did. If it wasn't Fantasty related then it wasn't in the Mag. I expected alot of Fantasy stuf with at the least half of the mag being aobut fantasy but not even a 2 page spread or a single page advitising there stuff for eaither 40k or LOTR and it was the 40k stuff that shockjed me the most. I don't think that this kind of thing happened when the 5th edition 40k rule book came out. there worn't even and new modals out other than those gimick modal that i mentions like the Gretching ammo runts sort of thing

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
By the sounds of it, I'll be skipping this issue.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I haven't bought a WD in three years because the issues were getting smaller and smaller, and content kept getting thinner on the ground. Advertising wasn't so bad, but the articles themselves were just plugs for the latest thing, with the courtesy focus on a particular army, which would always feature fun and interesting conversions and paint schemes; but for that one grudgingly given piece of good content it just wasn't worth it. How big are the issues now; fifteen, maybe twenty pages of actual content?

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
fifteen, maybe twenty pages of actual content?
Fifteen or twenty my ass... Every page is filled with content, cause as far as I can see they are not plain white or something... srsly...

·
Banned
2,023 Posts
I admit I felt for the 40k players I mean even when 40k released it's new rules set fanatsy wasn't drowned out to just 1-2 pages

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well last month 40k and LOTR didn't have a single page. Imean it's happened to LOTR once before but never 40k!! Since i didn't know that much about fantasy(one of the few systems i don't play) i jsut couldn't review it and went on a nerd rage instead.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts