Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
What do you mean 'If' he has one? :D

Saying that though i've seen Necron players not use Res.Orbs before and they still won but suffered a lot more than they normally would have obviously :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yupp, only if he has a Res Orb, or a Destroyer body. Res Orb as it allows WBB from Instant Death, and Destroyer Body because it make him T6.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Destroyer Body because it make him T6.
Is that not 5/6 though like marines bikers, Eldar Jetbikes etc?
As mentioned already Lords do get the wbb as do all the other units within It's range.
I'd probably put money on the Orb becoming an auto piece of wargear for crons when the new codex arrives pretty much like Libbies having Pychic hoods, Farseers having Ghosthelm etc.

·
Banned
801 Posts
No, it's rather clearly stated that a Necron Lord can get up without any help, thank you very much. That's what makes my main Lord nigh-invincible when combined with his Orb and WBB dice.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yep, agree with all that. When it's paid for, the destroyer body becomes a part of the Lord rather than him riding it which is why his base T goes up to 6 rather than becoming 5(6). This makes him immune to Instant Death completely (no Weapon is higher than S 10).

A res orb give him the chance to get back up.

I rarely take an orb with my 'crons. There are better things to spend points on :wink:

·
Registered
54 Posts
hu? you for real? 40pts for always get up (power weapons/ double toughness) what could you better spend 40pts on? 2 warriors? res orb used right is the best thing they have imo.

·