Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a way of introduction, let me first say that I don't play W40K and/or any other tabletop strategy games.

I'll pause why you mentally compose a flaming retort...

But that wasn't always the case! When I was very (very) young, my brother and I picked up the Warhammer 40K Rogue Trader (1st edition..yes..that long ago), and he bought the Space Marine Army (plastic) and I bought the Ork squad (yummy lead), and we spent the better part of the summer painting them. After a few play sessions, we agreed that tabletop strategy wasn't our cup of tea. (still have the miniatures though :grin: )

My love for W40K wasn't focused on the game though, as it was the Lore and Universe (even as clunky as it was in Rogue Trader 1stEd) that kept me going. I remember freaking out while waiting for the original Space Hulk to finish installing on my computer. I remember weeping tears of disappointment when I finally got a hold of a FPS game based in the W40K Universe - Fire Warrior (I wonder if curses really do come true?). I came to hate RTS games after spending months of my life in Warcraft/Warcraft II, avoiding the whole Starcraft, Command and Conquer, Total Annihilation era, only to fall in love with the original Dawn of War.

Now I satiate my love for W40K courtesy of the Black Library, and eagerly await details of the upcoming MMO.

My focus of worship for 40K is the Space Marine; I make no apologies for this, suffice to say that there is nothing more badass in the FutureVerse than a Space Marine. If you asked Samuel L. Jackson what he would like to be in 40k years, he would laugh at the Eldar, spit on the Tau, ask people to get the 'mutha---- tyranid off his mutha---- plane', don some power armor, grab a Bolt Pistol, and "strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger." 'nuff said.

My favorite movie (of which I have many) is Aliens. Curiously enough, it too involves Marines and, dare I say, Tyranid?

I'll probably be confining myself to the Writing/Fiction/Lore parts of this site (which will likely isolate me from the ire of the wargamers amongst you), but I wish to say Hello to you all.

Oh, and I'm also Canadian (again, something for which I will make no apologies)

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Hey welcome to the forum! and just for that legendary Samuel L J Comment. Have some rep!

·