1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has just been revealed.

Oh. My. GOD-EMPEROR! I NEED THAT!!

Black Library said:
The Adeptus Custodes are the Emperor's praetorian guard, the defenders of Terra and watchers over the Golden Throne. But when a threat arises, they and their Sisters of Silence allies may find themselves pressed almost beyond endurance…

The Custodian Guard have stood watch over the Emperor's Palace on Terra since the foundation of the Imperium. Charged with protecting the Master of Mankind from all threats, within and without, their fearsome resolve is renowned throughout the galaxy, and their golden armour is the last thing that a would-be assassin or saboteur will ever see. Alongside the Null-maidens of the Sisters of Silence, who are anathema to psykers and sorcerers alike, there is no threat to the Golden Throne that they alone cannot vanquish... until now.
So not a sequel to Carrion Throne but rather a stand-alone adventure featuring the Custodes and Sisters of Silence in modern day 40k, this is a must buy for me and with that incredibly gorgeous cover there's no doubt i'll be pre-ordering that the very second it's available!!

LotN

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
just became available on black library. Curiously enough, the price got halved upon purchase, and i only paid 13ish euro in total, including two eshorts i had been eyeing.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Whats the balance fighting to dialogue/story?

I'm really hoping we get a good look again at another aspect of imperial society, not just a fight on earth. But I have great faith in Chris!

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
id say two thirds story, to one third battles. Theres lots of politicizing with the high lords of terra, and a great look at the highlords in 40k, the state of the custodians in 40k and the state of the sisters of silence. Theres 3 story arcs, which eventually converge at the second siege of terra and the aftermath. Viewed from the eyes of the senate doorkeeper, a custodian and a sister of silence.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Sounds great! Can't wait. I ordered the limited ed, so I will likely have to wait until everyone has read the book before they get round to sending it out. Glad it's going to be worth the wait though

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Regarding Carrion throne and a certain problem discovered there, which is continued in this book.

Strong spoiler

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Started reading the eBook last evening... And I did not catch any sleep before it was finished. Simply put it was excellent from start to end. I will have to go back and re-read it, probably along with Black Legion, before calling it my favourite book of the year so far, but it is assuredly in my top 3.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Yes.

Reactions: Khorne's Fist

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Started reading the eBook last evening... And I did not catch any sleep before it was finished. Simply put it was excellent from start to end. I will have to go back and re-read it, probably along with Black Legion, before calling it my favourite book of the year so far, but it is assuredly in my top 3.

Definitely one of my top three novels of the year as well. It was fantastic right from word one, loved all the details and in-depth looks into the Custodes, Lords of Terra, Sisters of Silence, Terra (which is proving to be a really great setting for novels, both this and Carrion Throne are really atmospheric) and what happens later on.

LotN

1 - 15 of 15 Posts