Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so if the have EL'johnson in a stasis tube deep in the rock doesnt that technically mean the imperium still has a living primarch? and at that isnt guilliman still alive? he suffered a wound from fulgrim by the same weapon that wounded horus, soo in theory he was put instasis until they could figure how to save, him, well in in false gods they saved horus so it could be done with guilliman, thats two primarchs for the imperium, that could tip the balance in war very drastically. I really thought russ was gunna come back in the Eye of terror campaign but no only the 13th comapny. what do yall think?

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Thats not all, both Leman russ and Corax disappeared into the warp where time has no meaning, so they could be alive somewhere in there, the khan also followed eldar into their webway and no one knows where he went to also. The imperium may have equal the amount of primarchs that chaos have. Also Dorns body was never recovered to only his hand.

·
Registered
181 Posts
there is no evidence that any of the primarchs afore mentioned are deceased, it says in the codex's that they are 'presumed deceased' or in Stasis&it is just a rumor that the lion is in the Rock no fact there=]

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
there is no evidence that any of the primarchs afore mentioned are deceased, it says in the codex's that they are 'presumed deceased' or in Stasis&it is just a rumor that the lion is in the Rock no fact there=]
Its a fact the lion is in the center of the rock, it states so in the book "Eye of Terror" :)

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
Yeah. He's in a locked room in the middle of the Rock being tended to by the Watchers in the Dark. Leman Russ said he would return for the last battle, and I'm fairly confident Janghati Khan is still alive. Corax is probably alive, and Dorn is simply missing. Gulliman and El'Johnson are the only two confirmed living primarchs, although one does nothing and the other will die if they take him out of stasis.

-Dirge

·
Registered
181 Posts
hmm haven't read the eye of terror thing=] but unless there is a sudden dip in 40ksales they wont move the story line regarding primarchs on for many many years.=]

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
russ said hed break through any plane of existence hes on to fight with the wolves in the wolf time, but he said it crypticaly like as if the chapter would be dying like he was when he took off into the warp

·
Registered
181 Posts
well pretty much all the Primarchs are alive theoretically they're just as good as dead at the moment but as we don't know about the other two (legion II and XI) we cant say that even if the 'good' Primarchs were alive they'd tip the balance in anyway. but as I said there as good as dead and will remain for many many years.=]

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Leman Russ is like a viking King Arthur.

He will return to fight with his beloved wolves, in the final battle, when their need for him is greatest. "For the Wolf time!" - it's a classic allegory used in norse mythology - something the writers of background mined quite happily when filling it in.

Any of the eddas could quite easily be interpreted as Space Wolf epic campaigns/character stories.

As to the others - I've not read a lot of BL - blame CS Goto for that. So I don't know.

As to the HH novels, I'm not really concerned that they could be the best thing since the last thing that was better than sliced bread if there remains the slightest chance that they are as tainted. I was stung by the Dune prequels. Never again.

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
UPDATE: Rogal Dorn is dead. They have his skeleton hung up in the Phalanx. The Chapter Masters get to carve their symbol on his hands.

-Dirge

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
So what loyalist Primaches are certinaly dead? Didn't realise Lion was in the rock, though the DA codex says he will soon return.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Vulkan survived since he was one of the primarchs to side with vulkan when guilliman wanted to split the legions. Rogal dorns hand is the only piece remaining though its plausible he's alive. blood angels one is dead, leman russ and corax flew off to the eye of terror, the khan followed dark eldar into their webway. Ferrus manus is dead according to the horus heresy books. guilliman is in status as is lion el johnson. Have i missed any?

·
Registered
181 Posts
they're little 'unknown' species that guard certain places in the rock eg the room holding the lion. In HH they show that they can see the future, and they KNOW the future but they are a bigger mystery than the lion himself(no ones ever seen what lies bellow there robes)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
the watchers are extremly powerful psykers who are invulnerable to any known weaponry the imperium has to offer. they follow dark angels into battle from time to time as bearers of icons and even the lion helm itself when acompanying the grand master into battle. the watchers are tending to the lion shattered body, because luther mortaly wounded him before chaos finished caliban off. crazy stuff, how did vulkan survive? like lol they never talk about it all i know is that he dint come back to terra with corax's wounded body and the survovors of the drop site massacre but yet he was around to object to guillimans divisions of the legions during the second founding. so he must have done something crazy to survive that massacre

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
Vulkan, Russ, Khan, Corax, and Ferrus Manus are Unknown. Most of them said they'd be back for the Last War against Chaos.

@Arcangels: Corax survived the Drop Site Massacre and rebuilt his legion extremely fast, resulting in a bunch of howling mutants. He killed them all personally and fled from Deliverance in a stolen shuttle for the Eye of Terror.

Lion El'Johnson and Gulliman have spent the last 10,000 years on the toilet.

Dorn is dead.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts