Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

warriors of chaos army

901 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Masked Jackal 
#1 ·
I am thinking of getting a warriors of chaos army, for the new rules. I am wondering is it better to have one chaos god centred army or a mix?

regards Bob

#2 ·
I usually go all-nurgle but Tzeench has more uses under 8th ed. (regular chaos warriors get a 5+ ward save in combat). The new fear rules however are really good when combined with Nurgle- a failed fear test means they fight back at WS0 allowing them no return attacks

#4 ·
I actually run an army that consists of all four gods forces and I do quite well with it. Mono themed armies can do just as well but I like having the variety.

#7 ·
Mono-God can work fine, as long as you always include a couple wizards, even in the mono-Khorne list. Relying only on magic resistance alone probably won't cut it.
Especially with the new rules for Magic Resistance. Just a ward save against wounds, which won't help when your guys suddenly become as skilled as Empire state troops, lose part of their armor save or turn into gold.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.