Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im new here and to Warhammer, im currently doing a WoC army and need some guide

Sorcerer Lord (325)
MoT, Disc of Tzeentch, Talisman of Preservation, Charmed Shield

Chaos Warriors x18 (383)
MoK, AHW, FC, War Banner

Chaos Warrriors x18 (378)
MoT, Shields, FC, Blasted Banner

Warhounds x5 (30)

Warhounds x5 (30)

Chaos Knights x5 (280)
MoT, Standard, Blasted Banner

=1426 (74pts left)

Any advice/criticism will be very welcome thankyou

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey guys im new here and to Warhammer, im currently doing a WoC army and need some guide

Sorcerer Lord (325)
MoT, Disc of Tzeentch, Talisman of Preservation, Charmed Shield

Chaos Warriors x18 (383)
MoK, AHW, FC, War Banner

Chaos Warrriors x18 (378)

Warhounds x5 (30)

Warhounds x5 (30)

Chaos Knights x5 (280)
MoT, Standard, Blasted Banner

=1426 (74pts left)

Any advice/criticism will be very welcome thankyou
I would drop the Disk and the charmed shield on your Sorcerer Lord and give him the Lvl 4, the Chaos Familiar, Soul Feeder and the third eye of tzeentch. Put it with the block of Tzeentch warriors.

Give your knights ensorcelled weapons.

Drop one unit of warhounds or some warriors and try to get 1 or 2 more knights. You couls also try the mark of nurgle with the knights, to compare it with the other marks.

Other than that seems really nice list. If I were you I would also try to put a unit of Skullcrushers there, for example swap one of the warrior blocks with one chariot and one unit of Crushers, and give the other warrior block the banner of swiftness, to make a fast list. But of course you need the models etc, wich I don't know if you have.

Your list will work also of course, I just like fast lists :)

·
Registered
483 Posts
Your list is illegal. You cannot have 2 of the same magic banner in the army. Either your knights get the Blasted Standard or your MoT warriors, not both. Also, I believe Warriors can only take up to 25pts for banners and the War Banner costs more than that. You'll have to make some adjustments in the banner department. Also, your calculation on the sorc lord was a few points low - MoT on a sorc is more than on the combat characters. Some of the other calculations are off a bit as well.

I have to disagree w/ Thorrgal on the disc. The mobility is great. Maybe just tack on 3rd Eye for more protection. Keep him behind cover/out of line of sight and he should be ok. W/ the disk you can get him closer to where he needs to be to get off that critical spell and you can run away from any enemy that gets to close.

For the extra points you can add a 6th knight, give the hounds Vanguard, and maybe after you get the banner situation straightened out, a Dispel Scroll for the sorcerer (I'm assuming he's just the basic lvl 3 lord).

Don't worry about unit champions for the warriors. If you're not going to put a character in them the champs aren't going to be doing a whole lot for you.

Based off your list, here's one I came up w/:
Sorc Lord w/ MoT, Disc, Charmed Shield, Talisman of Preservation, Dispel Scroll, 3rd Eye of Tzeentch - 365
18 Warriors w/ MoK, Additional Hand Weapons, Standard, Musician, Banner of Rage - 369
18 Warriors w/ MoT, Shields, Standard, Musiciain, Blasted Standard - 351
5 Hounds w/ Vanguard - 40
5 Hounds w/ Vanguard - 40
6 Knights w/ MoK, Ensorcelled Weapons, Standard, Musicain, Standard of Discipline - 305
TOTAL: 1470

Still 30pts left over for ... 3rd unit of non-Vanguarding hounds, 1 warrior to either unit plus a hound to one unit ... I guess if you wanted to you could just tack on the champions to the units and that would give you the 30pts as well.

Hope this helps! :)

U

·
0 Posts
Sorcerer Lord (355)
MoT, Daemonic Mount, Talisman of Preservation, Charmed Shield

Chaos Warriors x17 (347)
MoK, AHW, FC, Banner of Swiftness

Chaos Warriors x17 (362)

Warhounds x5 (40)
Vanguard

Warhounds x5 (40)
Vanguard

Chaos Knights x5 (220)
MoT,

Chaos Trolls x3 (135)

=1499

What you think?

The mount is better I believe and if they spell disable fly then he's grounded so thought mount would go nicely
I'm loving trolls ATM especially with the vomit
Vanguard on the doggies for the extra move
Should I drop the FC on the units and just run standard and mus?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts