Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any books that give a good explanation/description of traveling through the warp?

·
Registered
638 Posts
Well, Battle for the Abyss takes place almost entirely while in Warp transit and spends a lot of time over how screwed up it can be. Unfortunately, the story doesn't contribute to advancing the HH, but does demonstrate that not all the marines from the Traitor Legions were traitors.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Farseer has a pov character that is an astropath, he talks about what is like and has a brief scene showing what it is like.

·
Closet Dictator
3,425 Posts
Drink a bottle of buckfast tonic wine and cycle down your street at night with a flashing light, about as close to it as you will ever get lol!

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I beleive one of the earlier Gaunt's Ghst novels contains a portion of fighting in the Warp while in transit to another star system. Rawne certainly deals with very nasty case while keeping Gaunt's son alive, and his prisoner safe. I'm uncertain though which one it is if any of my fellow Heretics can recall.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
One of the main characters of ADB's Night Lord's series is a Astropath and so deals with the Warp quite a bit. What makes it interesting is that she is a Astropath in the service of Chaos which makes using the Astromonicon (or however you spell it) an interesting task.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Drink a bottle of buckfast tonic wine and cycle down your street at night with a flashing light, about as close to it as you will ever get lol!
Amazing description - can verify this would be as close as one of us could get to warp travel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts