Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a thought: invisibility means that all shots against your are snap shots, and you can't snap shoot blasts.

but, the chaos deamon warpstorm table can (on either a 5 or 9) drop a blast template on any enemy unit.

how do this two interact? Does invisibility mean you can't be hit by the blast table results, or do they resolve normally?

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
Does invisibility mean you can't be hit by the blast table results, or do they resolve normally?
I would say that they still hit the unit, as technically the blasts aren't shot by a enemy unit. As such they aren't doing anything illegal, as a unit can still be targeted by a blast - It's the enemy that cannot fire it at them as it is a snapshot.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I would say that they still hit the unit, as technically the blasts aren't shot by a enemy unit. As such they aren't doing anything illegal, as a unit can still be targeted by a blast - It's the enemy that cannot fire it at them as it is a snapshot.
Yep. I don't have a copy of the Deamon Codex handy, but I don't think it is a "shooting attack" thus snap firing doesn't get taken into account, and if even if it was, models are the ones who can't snap fire blasts, and there isn't a model firing the blast.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Easy one this. No unit is TARGETED by the blasts from those results (as you roll against all units) so because they are targeted against the unit it doesn't get blocked by invisibility... the eyes of the gods see all!!! (but only on a 6)

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Easy one this. No unit is TARGETED by the blasts from those results (as you roll against all units) so because they are targeted against the unit it doesn't get blocked by invisibility... the eyes of the gods see all!!! (but only on a 6)
Exactly. the blasts are PLACED on the unit, the daemon rules says. So no shooting is made.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts