Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Your favorite faction

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
I have Skorne for my Hordes army.

Being a hufe history buff I love how closely they resemble the Persian Empire and they have Tigers! My favourite animals! (Funny thing being I run a Cataphractii phalanx army led by Xerxis with Bronzebacks. Not a single Ferox in sight).

Although I do have my eyes on a Menoth army afterwards. I love the monkish look of the models.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I have Skorne for my Hordes army.

Being a hufe history buff I love how closely they resemble the Persian Empire and they have Tigers! My favourite animals! (Funny thing being I run a Cataphractii phalanx army led by Xerxis with Bronzebacks. Not a single Ferox in sight).

Although I do have my eyes on a Menoth army afterwards. I love the monkish look of the models.
menoth are annoying to play. the choir has to be the single best 2 point unit in the game.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
menoth are annoying to play. the choir has to be the single best 2 point unit in the game.
The owner of the "best 2 pt entry in the game" award Gorman Di Wulfe firmly reminds them to get after him in the line... :p

·
Registered
262 Posts
Cryx:

Why: I loved the Bane Knights and Bane Thrall models as well as several of the Lich versions of the Warcasters.

Most of the armies had models I didn't like (Including Cryx don't like anything "Bloat" in it, and I'm not fond of the "Chickens")

But as a whole I like the model range, and I wanted to play the "Bad guy"

·
Registered
361 Posts
I grabbed Cygnar because the only book my store had in stock was Wrath. And once I saw the Minuteman and the Avenger I was hooked. I've been disappointed by a few of the infantry units (Trencher rifles with the same range as pistols? Really? :headbutt: ) but on the whole I love the feel of the faction. Besides, who can say no to the ability to electrocute entire enemy armies? :yahoo:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Really? :headbutt: ) but on the whole I love the feel of the faction. Besides, who can say no to the ability to electrocute entire enemy armies? :yahoo:
You have obviously read the rules for the Thunderhead.

Hate that thing.

·
!!FailHammer!! Podcaster
486 Posts
Khador and Orboros. Haven't played for a few months but am starting a new Scyrah force they have the prettiest infantry models in the game in my opinion & I've learned to respect them after having my teeth kicked in by a friends Scyrah force numerous times.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I haven't started playing yet, but I really like the idea of the Minions.
IMHO, there's nothing better than a boar, apart from an Ogre-sized boar, or one with a huge cannon on it's back, or a cyber-boar, or a two-headed multiple personality boar.

Alternatively, the Gatormen look really tempting...but that's maybe to be expected, as I am andygorn :)

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
I haven't started playing yet, but I really like the idea of the Minions.
IMHO, there's nothing better than a boar, apart from an Ogre-sized boar, or one with a huge cannon on it's back, or a cyber-boar, or a two-headed multiple personality boar.

Alternatively, the Gatormen look really tempting...but that's maybe to be expected, as I am andygorn :)
One thing worth knowing is that if you play Minions on a multi list tournament you can have one list with Gators and one with Bacon, since you play Minions and that includes both of those subfactions.

That is the same if you play Mercenaries, you could have 1 Pirate list, one Dwarf list and one 4 Star list (in a 3 list tournie), thus having a massive option for variety :)

21 - 30 of 30 Posts