Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick questions,

Can warmachines pivot in their shooting phase to shoot a target originally out of LoS.

For instance, if my gutter runners are behind an organ gun, can it then pivot in its shooting phase and still fire on my gutter runners?

If so, dwarven artillery is insane as organ guns always hit and most likely your scouts are going to be within range.

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
Yes, all warmachines get a free pivot when they draw LoS to the enemy. Organ guns are awesome at destroying pretty much everything, inclluding scouts that may be hiding in heavy coverdirectly behind the organ gun...
Its nasty that its done that way, but imagine the alternative: your cannon cannot shoot my unit because it isnt facing directly at them, and if you turn it that counts as moving and it then cant shoot this turn anyway.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yes they can. In fact they have to pivot to face their target and this doesn't count as moving. So it has been in 7th as well.

Organ guns are indeed things to dread but they're do-able. Your opponent can only have two since they're rare.

And as for gutter runners, with their poisoned throwing weapons, they can easily take out the crew of a war machine, although in case of an organ gun, let something else clean it. A warpfire cannon would do the trick nicely. Or just swarm it with rats. Either way, organ gun has 24" range, just so you know.

·
Registered
314 Posts
The organ gun is awesome, as a dwarf player I always take it, but I would say that in my last three games it has blown up. That is some pretty unlucky dice rolls but it can happen.

·
Registered
478 Posts
The organ gun is awesome, as a dwarf player I always take it, but I would say that in my last three games it has blown up. That is some pretty unlucky dice rolls but it can happen.
Can't they take rune of re-forging or whatever amazing rune that lets it re-roll misfires?

·
Registered
314 Posts
No, no runes can be added to organ guns because they are too "new fangled"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts