Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw this, warmachine tactics went on early access, well, today in fact, steam link is here.

Looks good, but I think I'll wait till I see some reviews and peruse the steam forums before I decide if I want it, its either this game or a new tactical squad.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
So there are a few reviews up now. Here is one of the negatives.

"They've lost their god damn minds with this price...
As someone who has the game, let me tell you, it is ABSOLUTELY NOT worth $65 to get in right now. There is 1 map, and 1 list for each of the 4 factions. You get no choices when it comes to building your list. Do yourself a favor and wait for the release, which will be cheaper anyways."

It being early access, the limited nature is to be expected, but asking 65 bucks? Yeah, I agree with this guy. Doesn't seem like it'll be worth it at the moment. The three positive reviews don't really shed a whole lot of light, so I would definitely say wait and get the tac squad instead.

I'll keep my eye on it though. Not a warmachine player, but it has piqued my interest so i'd be interesting in trying this out

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
I imagine the $65 price tag is the tier in their initial kickstarter at which they gave early access to players, and they may even drop prices come actual launch date. I know that's the case with Wasteland 2, which was another Kickstarted game that offered early access.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I watched a game of warmahordes last Thursday, and frankly was not impressed. "Let's all charge into the middle of the table!" If the computer version is anything like it I won't be indulging.
you must have watched a boring game of warmahordes then.

·
Registered
602 Posts
All I've ever watched is boring games of warmahordes. I didn't realise there was another type.
well it really comes down to what you consider exciting in a board game. I play Ouroboros, so i have hit and run tactics and I use terrain to my advantage a lot. games against Cyngar and Khador is like Space Marines and Chaos Space marines...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts