Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
remember Apocalypse is meant to be all about having a laugh so not beating a Warlord aint the end of the world.

Also maybe your opponent should consider that aswell if he is beating you all the time with one (btw does he have a fully built to scale warlord - wouldn't mind seeing a pic) and maybe reserve it for those special mega mega games (10k a side for example and not 3k a side).

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
But to beat it I would suggest maxing out your anti-vehicle capabilities, mostly with S8 and higher weapons and target the titan until it falls. once that is done, you will probably win point-wise due to the expense of the titan

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
all good ideas, although he does have many assult marines around and he keeps hitting me with the whilwind speeder datasheet.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hmmm, You play IG...Get yourself a Shadowsword, i promise you that will make the Titan feel the pain!...Or just make an orbital defense laser(very easy to make)...Apoc is all about pulling all these outrageous stuff just for the fun and coolness of it. :D

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
get 1,000,000 vanquishers with thier AT shells they will soon take it down

·
Registered
325 Posts
How the heck are you suposed to win against one? (the titan)
If he never uses anything else why not take an Inq list & have 1 Inq & 200 Melta torpedo's strikes.

Coz that'll be fun for you & you alone.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
there is a limit to the number of strikes that you can take

·
Registered
114 Posts
Lol i think GW gave the Titan the best stats bcuz they thought no one would take it for that many points. Look at the BTP vid it owned.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Either that or put the money out to buy them for games due to that cost. For the points difference between a scout (warhound titan) and the fortress of arrogance (baneblade) you get a lot more survivable (seems to be atleast twice as tough) and more the the points difference in insane firepower, makes everyone want one even when they cant afford them.

As to taking it down, its hard to get close to something with that much firepower, ideally with my IG I would try and deepstrike veterans with 3 meltas hopefully within its shields protective range (not sure if this works though?) and hope each shot can knock it out. Otherwise look at artillery companies myself. (anything you have that can outrange it or hit it from behind cover that can hurt it would be ideal, someone else will need to answer for the teleporting/deepstriking inside of a warlord's void shields idea though)

·
Banned
280 Posts
Either that or put the money out to buy them for games due to that cost.
The local club has developed into a mad arms race to scratchbuild as many titans as possible. I'm losing pretty bad, someone else finished the assembly in a week flat, it's probably painted by now.

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
there is a limit to the number of strikes that you can take

Not in Apocalypse--- 0-1 is completely waived for anything and everything, so if you feel like taking 200 melta torpedo strikes... then by all means... it's just going to be a dumb game.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just trying to remember, is the titan in the BTP youtube video series a Warlord or something better, like an Emporer? Anyway, if it is a warlord, then holy terra you're going to need some firepower! Just watch that video, 2500pts of tanks and it didn't even lose a structure point!

Two more things, firstly, to the person who said to 'out-range it', I don't think that's possible unless it's a really big board, most of the weapons have over a 100 inch range and are devestating. The other being, if he actually has the model and not a proxy model, please do post pics!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just trying to remember, is the titan in the BTP youtube video series a Warlord or something better, like an Emporer? Anyway, if it is a warlord, then holy terra you're going to need some firepower! Just watch that video, 2500pts of tanks and it didn't even lose a structure point!
that titan was a warlord titan scratch build

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sorry, I should have said screening, I was thinking of using terrain to protect indirect fire against it with stuff like a (err many) basilisk. But if the board is big enough I would suggest shadowswords (volcano canons have insane range) and the basilisk still has range on the warhound (and yes you need over a 100 inch board for this, scary huh¿) But I dont think anything can outrange the other warlords short of orbital bombardment.

Any word on deepstriking meltas within the warlord's void shields range?

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
I pwn Titans. Multiple Vanquisher AT, Basilisks, Laser Destroyers, Volcano Cannons, Melta strikes, Medusa cannons, Seige mortars, Griffons, etc. I'm even saving up for a Warhound and some goodies to mix-and-match the weapons.

For SM I use the good old Terminus Ultra, and Predators. Cheap Tanks, 3 las each, possibly 10-to-1. 30 las.

Nasty.

-Dirge

1 - 20 of 23 Posts