·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
8,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pike & Shotte is a lovely range of figures, it's just a shame that there isn't a "scene" around here as it's a game that I would have readily dropped everything else for on a permanent basis. :(

·
Registered
663 Posts
I enjoy Pike&Shotte a lot but I would advise against playing it (or Black Powder or Hail Caesar for that matter) at 28mm unless you've got several people to play with and a HUGE table (i.e. you're running a club or are any of the Perrys). I play it with 10mm scale models and it works rather well on the old 6' by 4' table (would like to go bigger though actually). Remember - in no way what so ever you have to play a ruleset at any scale just because the people who sell the rules put the same label on some models they also happen to sell. The rules are pretty darned good though.

The periods the models from Warlord Games' P&S range (early to mid 17th century) are a tad late for Warhammer Empire stuff. If you're interested, I wrote a review of their Firelock Storming Party set, also in regards to compatibility with GW Empire figures:

http://battlebrushstudios.blogspot.co.at/2013/09/review-warlord-games-firelock-storming.html

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Pike & Shotte range is awesome. they have some truly neat and cheap minis. the ruleset i've never played. Btw the scale is somewath smaller than gw itself. But good nonetheless.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I love the look of the Warlord models. I have been eyeing some Pike and Shot and some Bolt Action miniatures to flesh out my empire army and to add to a small IG allied force I am planning.

I would like to play the game, but I have enough issue finding regular WFB and W40k games and they have by far more players in my area.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Pike & Shotte range is awesome. they have some truly neat and cheap minis. the ruleset i've never played. Btw the scale is somewath smaller than gw itself. But good nonetheless.
Yeah, as I said in my review - they're a nudge smaller than GW minis but still pretty darned "heroic". I strongly suggest giving the Pike&Shotte rules a try if you're in any way into the period (and P&S is pretty lenient on this, covering basically the 16th and 17th century).

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Eh, @Sigur. I barely manage to steal time for a Wh40k game a month...i dunno if i am willing or even capable of trying another game.
Besides, is possible to have some free digital ruleset or i have to buy it printed?

·
Registered
663 Posts
As stated in the first post, there'll be an ebook version of the P&S rules out soon but they won't be for free. That said, Warlord Games charge a flat fee of £2.00 for shipping worldwide, free shipping of orders of £50.00 and above. Personally, I'd go for the printed version any day. It's a beautiful book (hardback, full colour, tons of pictures and all that jazz).

There are more than enough reviews of the rules around if you're interested in how the game works. (spoiler: very close to Warmaster, reworked though. There are army lists and points values but scenarios based on history will work just as well, if not better of course.)

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
As stated in the first post, there'll be an ebook version of the P&S rules out soon but they won't be for free
I totally missed that. Thank you :)

·
8,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sigur's comment about the quality of the hardback is spot on.

Despite the fact I'm flogging off all my Warlord stuff :cray: I'll be keeping the book and using it for 15mm ECW solo gaming :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts