Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Action-adventure game Pc game Games Strategy video game Movie Figurine Toy Action figure Crew Fictional character View attachment 959974034

You may or may not have heard that Warlord Games are working closely with Wargames Factory to distribute their plastic wargame kits.

This deal gave them access to all of the dark future apocalyptic ranges including male and female Zombies, male and female Survivors and several unreleased models including a Biker gang and Special Ops military.

They have even made a whole game system and called it Project Z. I don't think any news about the actual game play has been released yet.

They say:-

"Unlike the various boardgames on the market, Project Z is a proper tabletop skirmish wargame with freedom of movement, terrain, stat-lines, etc, etc. Packed with undead mayhem, the game is quick and fun, packed with awesome models, hordes of Zombies and buckets of dice!

Project Z is due to be available from Warlord Games in April this year supported by a complete range of plastic box sets. We plan to showcase Project Z at the Salute wargames show this year so visit us there and take a closer look!

Stay tuned to the Warlord Games newsletter for more info soon!"

I'm looking forward to hearing more news. The biker gang and modern military/special op's kits will be popular I think. They have also remade the male zombie kit, which was the oldest and most dated sprue. It also looks like they will be beating Mantic's Walking Dead game release by several months.

Personally, I prefer multi part kits to the single-piece-ready-out-of-the-box Mantic models. And I've always wanted an excuse to get them survivor kits. :)

Biker sprue: Font

Biker "Hero" sprue: Font

Special ops: Font Puzzle Toy Pattern Figurine Army men Sculpture Soldier Miniature

Male Zombies: Font

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
I might take the plunge into the game, but I will definitely be picking up the spec ops box. It's a great kit, and I'll be using them to give Force on Force a shot. It's interesting to see how the quality of Wargames Factory kits have improved in the last few years without their prices getting out of hand.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
I'm considering this as a new project. Especially seeing as the Mrs seemed keen on it too :shok:

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm considering this as a new project. Especially seeing as the Mrs seemed keen on it too
I'm seriously considering too. Only thing holding me back so far is the lack of news on the actual rules. Hopefully something will come out this week.

Until then I have a box of Zombie Vixens half stuck together somewhere...

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was so close to ordering this, but the last minute I changed my mind after reading that there is no campaign system. I'll will pick it up at some point though, due to the nice quality to the models and the value of the box.

The "This is Not a Test" kickstarter got my hobby money in the end.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts