Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when reading the new eldar codex it doesn't actually say that warlocks are a bodyguard anymore. only that by taking a farseer you may take a warlock squad.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've already beat my head against the wall on another forum on this exact point. I'd be curious to see what folks on here have, but my opinions are widely known.

http://www.40kforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=31536&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I do wonder if they did change the rule (as in the previous codex, the warlock and farseer were a single unit), why they didn't point it out or spell it out more specifically in the current codex.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its strange isn't it. What pointed it out to me was the wording in eldrads rules, which i thought ahh thats bad wording, and then i re-read the farseer entry and lo and behold it implies the same thing.

I think this means they are seperate, but if that was the intention or not is a totally different story.

·
Registered
999 Posts
The squad was changed intentionally. You can take a warlock squad AND have the farseer leave the squad. This way you can have the squad hang out with one wreaithlord and the farseer hang out with another (Or whatever other uses you have for seperating them).

It's labeled as a Squad, not a Retinue. Your HQ choice cannot leave its Retinue.

·
Banned
677 Posts
Like PW said, taking a warlock squad is essentially taking a retinue, yet you can exit at will. I like the feel it gives the Farseer. More of a director from afar and joining only when needed. It gives your seer council a huge variable now.

-Khaine-

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
wraithlord babysitting is quite a good idea for them actually :)
True. Three warlocks kitted the same with Spirit stones, spears, and destructor can baby sit your wraithlords ver very nicely :biggrin: Also good guard against drop pods and such.

Another point. You can buy a Farseer to join a unit on foot, then buy his warlocks and put them all on jetbikes! :biggrin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts