Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can an eldar warlock become an autarch? In the codex it states that an autarch has trodden many warrior paths to know the full understanding of war, would a warlock be classed as one of these warrior paths, and can you leave the path of the warlock to become an autarch?
I just want to know, thought i might start a new army and im more bothered about the fluff of it than how they play.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Yes a warlock can become an autarch. Although the warlork is not considered to be on the path of the warrior, eldar can change their path as they wish, I guess it depends on their state of mind or something. I'm not sure if they can go directly from warlock to autarch as that would see them skip farseer rank but as I said the eldar system seems to be quite flexible.

The book Path of the Warrior explains much of this.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Farseer is not a rank, although i havent read much fluff, a Farseer is a warlock who is lost on the path of Warlock.

Same as a Exarch is one lost on the warrior path its on (scorpion, banshee etc)

I wouldnt see any reason why there wouldnt be a psycher autarch as the entire race is psychic in some way.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Small semantic niggling-thing - Warlocks are on the Path of the Seer. They're just Seers who have walked several warrior paths and channel their powers towards a more militant application. Farseers are those pathlocked in the Seer path, as Exarchs are in the warrior path.

An Autarch is a skilled eldar who has walked many combat paths, as is a Warlock, the only difference being the latter currently walks the path o the Seer. I think it would be possible for a Warlock to become an Autarch but as this would involve leaving the Seer path they would essentially lose much of their psychic skill (though not all).

I am aware that this seems bizarre, but when an eldar walks a path, they are literally creating a new and (usually) temporary identity and personality distinct from their 'true' self and their last paths. Many Guardians are former Aspect Warriors, for example, but have lost much of their former skill.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts