Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a idea I've beenign toying with I've been planing to convert a dreadnought to have Actual arms and legs, think a literal riflemen dread or a Avatar AMP suit.

I was going to make something vaguely like a penitence engine with a couple sentinels, but then I thought I could 'retrofit' some Warjack arms and legs onto a dreadnought. But I don't know if a jack has big enough limbs to pull it off and look good.

any one know for sure either way?

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hence why i'm asking, the last thing I want is to get a jack, only to find the arms and legs make my dread look like a squat.

only the Retribution of Scyrah, Menoth, Cygnar and Khador have hands and of the four, i lean heavily toward Cygnar due to the fact they come with pieces on there arms that can double as weapons like assault cannons (cyclone and sentinel) multi melta (Firefly) or even a Ironclad dreadnought (Jack of same name). Plus they seem to have nice long legs with proper knees, which is more then I can say for the 40k dread. finally: they all have heads that I can use rather then the sarcophagus of the dread.

Additionally, Cygnar have a good proper Imperial guard vib to them, rather then the chuchy Menoth (normally not a problem for space marines, were it not for the fact my chapter are the 1d4 chan Reasonable marines), the Eldar looking Scyrah, or the frankly choasy look from the handful of Khador jacks that have hands.

however, Size is a big problem, if the jacks turn out to be the wrong size and incompatible with the dread-body I have then I've wasted money. The jacks I'm looking at come with 50mm bases, which is only a little smaller then a dreads 60, I think (long story how I got my dread suffice to say did not have a base with it). But I want to be sure before I pick any jacks up.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
I have some Khador and Menoth Jacks, let me dig out my dread and I will put all three of them in a line and take a pic.

I think your main issue is matching armor shapes for the shoulders and the 'arms' of the warjacks are less meaty compared to GW dreads.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
well thats very good though, shape aside the arms and legs look plenty big enough. shape might be a issue as you say, but I don't see the lack of the 'meat' you mention. looks plenty meaty to me, if hunched over. plus it looks like the arms come with there own shoulder socket, so that can go on the side of the dread body with a little green stuffing to make a shoulder joint, might look a bit like a terminator with a socketed head, but that's all good.

well that's just Vundabar, the plan can commence after all.

Thanks for the help, if i get a camera and the model once i build it the same place and time I'll put pics up.

EDIT: by the way, are those heavy jacks? I assume so but just making sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts