Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thoughts otherwise on this folks?

https://warhammerart.com/

I think it's cool but a little too expensive for me. I buy lots of limited ed stuff but this is too much. Would pay up too £40 to £50. I just hope they don't stop the good quality prints on BL website over this. Some of the sisters pieces on this are superb. Maybe get one for Christmas if there are any left!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Way, way too expensive. Other companies will charge a third of the price. An aluminium-framed print of the Emperor was £120 for goodness sake. I am afraid they are charging way too much.

·
Registered
455 Posts
For the normal canvas, GW is charging around £10-20 more than the standard price for a canvas print. Not a massive increase by GW standards, but higher than normal.
I would hope (but remember that hope is the first step on the road to disappointment) that the original artist would get a percentage of the price, thus justifying the price hike.

The framed print cost is absurd. I recently had twelve A3 sized images printed out for my portfolio. It cost me £6 for all 12. GW is charging £99 for a framed print of the same size. I could take one of my prints and get it framed for around £30 (I just checked the average price of a frame for an A3 image in my home town)
Possibly GW's frames are made from ceremite and blessed with the tears of the Emperor.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought the garro vow of faith print from black library and got it framed by a professional framer last week. I had other paintings in with him. As it was already mounted it cost an extra £15 to put the frame on. He isn't cheap but does a nice job. So it cost £43 for the whole thing. Pretty sure that's enough money in my book. It's not like I can put it up in the family room.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts