Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Did they have to destroy the Old World? Logically yes. Other than Valten and the Warrior Priests the humans were fucked. I played Mark of Chaos and automatically thought they humanity was out of its league. Same thing with Vermintide. Warhammer had the balls to do what 40k is impotent to do: progress the story. Chaos can't be "trying" and the Empire "surviving" perpetually. Eventually someone's endgame has to succeed. Logically it wasn't going to be humanity, elfs, or dwarves. Though I understand some may want to maintain the status quo, it was unsustainable. Also unlike 40k that has an entire galaxy, chaos can invade only so many times before they win. I like the premise of this an I think it's ambitious. Lot of imagination in creating these realms, gods, and warriors.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Since the old world is gone. What is the realm ? Is that a new world ?
So I take it all the old characters are gone and dead. Does this imply that if you play table top you can't use the old characters?

And something totally unrelated..did Gork and Mork ever beat up Khorne?

·
Registered
782 Posts
The new world is now made up of 8 Realms. One from each Wind of Magic. Currently all except Azyrheim (The Realm of Heaven) are infested by Chaos.

There are characters who survived. Mostly the Incarnates from the End Times. Off the top of my head I know Sigmar, Tyrion, Teclis, Alarielle, Malekith (Now Malerion), Nagash and Archaon have all survived.

Gork and Mork are now a single entity, Gorkamorka. Don't think he's had any real battle with Khorne.

61 - 63 of 63 Posts