Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
To celebrate the release of the new Warhammer edition I started a Vampire Counts army. To go with an army (and a new system) I decided I needed some new terrain. To start with I made an old shed using a template from White Dwarf 140 (yeah I'm getting old).
Because Vampires and graveyards go together well. My second project was a graveyard. Hope you enjoy the pics, if anyone is interested I could post some WIP pics at a later time.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Damn bro, You just knocked that up? That's like.. Really really nice. Who needs 'Eavy Metal... We have Heresy own :D

Would you ever consider doing commisions? :) I Reckon people would buy some stuff! Me included :p

·
Registered
18 Posts
Woah, great job. I love the shingles on the roofs, nice weathering I see going on there. By the way, the axe for the shed was a really nice touch as well ;)

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Didn't even notice the Axe, theres so much going on, yet its so flawless :D
As he said, great weathering, the tiling is amazing (the roof, the wood, and stepping stones)

I just had to come look at it again :) I showed a few mates when they came over aswell, all most impressed.

+Rep :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
nice i like the theme keep posting

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Really good work. Nice hand cut roofing. I assume that is done with thick card. Nice use of the 40k street light in the graveyard, you just need a big old vulcher sitting on it now :)

Have some +rep.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey all,
Thanks for all the great comments. I especially like that you noticed the axe, it was a quick finishing touch to bring the building to live. I just more or less finished my third building for this set. I wanted a big half timbered house. It was a little more work then expected and I learned quite a few things I should do different next time :)
Anyways here is the picture:

A for the previous buildings. I indeed used a lamppost from Cities of Death, but I cut of all the power cables to make it look a bit more gothic/fantasy.
The roofing is cut from thick card. It takes a lot of work to cut all the shingles and even more work to glue them in place.

The tiles on the graveyard have been cut from the plastic packaging of a modular movement tray set.

Unfortunately I did not have a vulture available, but it would have been a nice touch indeed. I'm considering buying the Warhammer Giant to get some of those cool details, but then I would be left with a giant I don't really want (and I don't really like the model only the extra's).

Weathering on the graveyard was done with a combination of inks and a few dabs of weathering powder (finally a chance to test it).

As for my Vampire Counts, I'm experimenting a bit on painting my zombies. I haven't quite worked out how I want to base them, so never mind the fact that the bases are not quite finished.

I have also finished my general, a vampire countess from Coolminiornot:

Anyways this is a scenery thread, so I should probably stick to scenery. My next project will take a few weeks at least as I work out how to make barrels (to dress up the inn above) and as I work out what my next building will be.

Once again thanks for all the comments, I'll post more when more is finished...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Great looking scenery! Makes me wanna go and start building some myself.
Keep up the good work.

·
The Yellow King
890 Posts
looks great!

and im sure you could find some bits from the giant kit if you look around.. not sure if bitsandkits have it? but im sure on ebay you could find something

1 - 13 of 13 Posts