Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Unhinged Hobo
2,341 Posts
Loving the minigames. This looks very DnD to me, specially with the adventure book.
Warhammer quest used to ne like a soft version of dnd. It had one set of rules that was similar to a board game and another that was more like a full blown roleplay in the same box. It came off the back of GW and Milton Bradley having a falling out over heroquest iirc. wonder if silver tower is compatible with the old version.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I remember Warhammer Quest, just didn't know if GW would go the roleplay route again given their previous attempts.

Though, in saying that I'm reminded of 40k roleplay games that FFG makes.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Yep the babarian is aligned to chaos, slaves to darkness anyway, atleast according to the AoS warscroll that I assume will be in this weeks WD. Im curious what the fluff justification will be for including him in the party will be, considering all the other members belong to the order faction. I do realize that the original game had a babarian that iirc belongf to chaos, and his inclusion is welcome and mandatory imho, just curious how theyll spin it. Also despite being really excited by the raiding party, Im more interested in the tzeench stuff and the possibity that well see the tzaangors and cultists as the basis for a new, tzeenchian, chaos, subfaction for AoS. Unfortnatel, my brother who is really the only person I play board and card games with as I dont have a car to get to any off the local clubs with, doesnt tend to get into the fantesy genre much. Plus Ive still yet to buy dw overkill which he will play. I will be getting the tzeench stuff and the barbarian for my fledgling chaos army for the sigmar system though.

·
Great Unclean One
2,611 Posts
"...triompher de la Silver Tower"

It's 'la Tour d'Argent', you numbskulls! Christ, you'd think Games Sweatshop could afford to employ a proper translator given that they now want at least 2 internal organs for most of their bloody models...

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
"...triompher de la Silver Tower"

It's 'la Tour d'Argent', you numbskulls! Christ, you'd think Games Sweatshop could afford to employ a proper translator given that they now want at least 2 internal organs for most of their bloody models...

Pretty unnecessary post.

Anyway,

new screen shot:

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep the babarian is aligned to chaos, slaves to darkness anyway, atleast according to the AoS warscroll that I assume will be in this weeks WD. Im curious what the fluff justification will be for including him in the party will be, considering all the other members belong to the order faction. I do realize that the original game had a babarian that iirc belongf to chaos, and his inclusion is welcome and mandatory imho, just curious how theyll spin it. Also despite being really excited by the raiding party, Im more interested in the tzeench stuff and the possibity that well see the tzaangors and cultists as the basis for a new, tzeenchian, chaos, subfaction for AoS. Unfortnatel, my brother who is really the only person I play board and card games with as I dont have a car to get to any off the local clubs with, doesnt tend to get into the fantesy genre much. Plus Ive still yet to buy dw overkill which he will play. I will be getting the tzeench stuff and the barbarian for my fledgling chaos army for the sigmar system though.

I think there's a Skaven in there somewhere. I cant wAit to check out how a Stormcast and a Slave to Darkness end up working together.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Since seeing the screenshot of the WD page advertising the app Ive decided to get the game after all, for two reasons. Firstly the fact that they've gone to the trouble of creating the app leads strongly to the suggestion that its going to be supported for some time to come meaning that it could end up with quite a large following as people will be more confident to invest time and money into it and although i dont have a gaming group to play the game with, that may likely change with such a large pool of players. Secondly the fact that characters can be ported over from AoS via the app is really cool, the tought of my aspiring deathbringer charging his way through the tunnels and vaults of the silver tower reaping skulls for khorne realy exciting. It also gives me the chance to paint and play with some minis that I think seem cool without commiting to collecting an army of, like the loremaster of hoeth for example.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
GW have also just released better pictures on their FB Page. I actually really like that they have acknowledged the picture have leaked and just released better quality ones to tease it more. I really love the look of these models, and while I don't think AoS is a system I want to play yet (at least not until the points system comes) I will definitely want to pick this up meaning I can at least own some of the gorgeous miniatures released for it

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Warhammer Quest was pretty awesome back in the day.

I still have mine, plus expansions in the loft. Sat next to two copies of Heroquest and all the expansions..... :so_happy:

·
Registered
44 Posts
It's pretty awesome that the Heroes are also getting AoS Warscrolls. As far as the stand-alone game is concerned, a Tzeentch themed Warhammer Quest? Color me intrigued!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I finished building up my kit, the models are AWESOME. Any Tzeentch player should be pretty satisfied. Tzeentch daemon prince, cultists, birdmen, AWESOME pink horror sculpts

1 - 18 of 18 Posts