Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it is worth mentioning that Warhammer Quest is available for free on the App Store this week.

Of all the GW titles that have been released on mobile and tablet, this one is easily the best and absolutely worth checking out. Even without the DLC you are looking at closer to 10 hours of gameplay, with plenty more available. I have sunk over 30 hours into this game and I am not even halfway through the last region. Absolutely fantastic game and definitely worth checking out. :good:

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
I'll pick that then! Nice catch!

EDIT: You'll need IOS6 or higher to get it. My iPad isn't able to update that far (it's an iPad 1) so I'm out on this.

Though I did just see a post in Apple's tech support about how "all they care about is stock prices". Guess the same complaints that GW gets are everywhere.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
I've picked it up, played it for about 5 minutes before I had to rush off to work, see how it goes, if its enjoyable ill download the DLC. I'd be very interested to see the figures on this to see how many download it free and the. Download the dlc. Basically if it wasn't free I wouldn't be going it a shot. How much does it retail for normally.

Regarding the iOS issue, it might be a hardware performance issue, the reason I didn't buy an iPad 1 was that even at release I found its performance slow, with the newer features within the iOS's it could slow it down even more. Comparing complaints about that and the reasons behind it not having an updated ios to complaints about GW's business practices isn't exactly a fair comparison I think.

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
I've picked it up, played it for about 5 minutes before I had to rush off to work, see how it goes, if its enjoyable ill download the DLC. I'd be very interested to see the figures on this to see how many download it free and the. Download the dlc. Basically if it wasn't free I wouldn't be going it a shot. How much does it retail for normally.

Regarding the iOS issue, it might be a hardware performance issue, the reason I didn't buy an iPad 1 was that even at release I found its performance slow, with the newer features within the iOS's it could slow it down even more. Comparing complaints about that and the reasons behind it not having an updated ios to complaints about GW's business practices isn't exactly a fair comparison I think.
Complaining that a company "only cares about stock prices" is something that gets aimed at GW a lot so it made me chuckle to see it posted elsewhere....two years ago.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I bought the game and the DLC when it was released, just an FYI - it does rinse your battery so make sure your charger is near by.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I actually bought and gave this a try.....and was very disappointed. It's a cheap ass Tunr-Based simulator with really unbalanced classes. It is not a challenge, even with the Difficulty up, and really is just not worth the time/money. Your better off buying KOTOR compared to this.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I actually bought and gave this a try.....and was very disappointed. It's a cheap ass Tunr-Based simulator with really unbalanced classes. It is not a challenge, even with the Difficulty up, and really is just not worth the time/money. Your better off buying KOTOR compared to this.
I take it you didn't like the original board game much either then? The iGame is a good port of the board game.

One of the few games I have bought for my iDevice and have never regretted it one bit, but I love the crap out of Warhammer Quest and still dig it out whenever I get the chance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts