Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JUST GOT THIS
Warhammer Forge Exclusively Unveiled at Games Day UK
Veteran games developer Rick Priestley and Forge World sculptor Mark Bedford have spent the past few months masterminding a brand new project, a long-awaited foray into resin products and detailed expansions for Warhammer, The Game of Fantasy Battles.

Warhammer Forge unveil a veritable horde of work-in-progress resin kits as well as early layout copies of the first in a series of lavish expansion books for the very first time at Games Day UK.
You’ll be able to see the staggering range of resin models that have been created over the past year, and Mark Bedford and his intrepid in-house sculptors Keith Robertson and Steve Whitehead will be available all day to answer any and all questions you have. These intricately detailed models are some of the finest yet produced in resin, adding an incredible depth and breadth to the existing Warhammer range.

Rick Priestley will be on hand to explain his future plans, and Book Production Manager Paul Rudge and Graphic Artist Sam Lamont will be displaying a dizzying array of their incredible work-in-progress example pages from the first Warhammer Forge book, and some phenomenal artwork from Games Workshop artistic stalwart Adrian Smith, as well as everything from single page vignettes to concept sketches and full-colour cover art.

The Warhammer Forge Studio team will be located right next to the Forge World Design Studio stand in the Arena – a map of Games Day can be found here.

You’ll be able to quiz the whole Warhammer Forge design team on the future of this exciting new range, and as an added bonus two of the resin kits on display will be available as advanced pre-releases from the Forge World Sales Stand in strictly limited quantities – details of exactly what these are will be unveiled at Games Day, so don’t miss the Warhammer Forge St
udio Stand!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
The Return of PIKEMEN!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Other rumours suggested (in an extreemly strong way) Chaos Dwarves

If I were wishlisting I would like a new Verminlord and the equivilent to apocalypse scale units in WFB

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Mazdumandi?

·
Registered
154 Posts
from what i hear there will be alot of chaos stuff, including some new daemonic engines crewed by more chaos dwarves. however no seperate "forgeworld" army will be pending

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
from what i hear there will be alot of chaos stuff, including some new daemonic engines crewed by more chaos dwarves. however no seperate "forgeworld" army will be pending
I have no idea what they will show and doubt there will be much just yet,
but they will be releasing a chaos dwarves armybook style release at some point in the future and they should say something about it at the seminar

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
It's unlikely they will release anyting in a current book, so no Mazdamundi's.
I can't remember who exactly it was who stated it last year,
but funnily enough I do remember it coming up that they really wanted to do a mazdamundi model

·
Registered
825 Posts
I can't remember who exactly it was who stated it last year,
but funnily enough I do remember it coming up that they really wanted to do a mazdamundi model
S'pose if they ask the studio nicely they'll pass it over. Though in all the conversations I've ever had with the FW guys it's always been "it's easier to do our own stuff so we don't step on peopels toes"

Doesn't seem to work the other way though. "I say those Trygons sell like the proverbial hotcake, let's make them plastic"

Not that I'm complaiing, I'll take plastic over resin any day of the week.

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
S'pose if they ask the studio nicely they'll pass it over. Though in all the conversations I've ever had with the FW guys it's always been "it's easier to do our own stuff so we don't step on peopels toes"

Doesn't seem to work the other way though. "I say those Trygons sell like the proverbial hotcake, let's make them plastic"

Not that I'm complaiing, I'll take plastic over resin any day of the week.
Im firmly of the belief that FW is GW's test bed operation, kinda like R&D ,more so now because of the time and expense required to put out a plastic sprue, so they produce two types of models ,display type over the top stuff and stuff to fill codex gaps and future plastic kit

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
304 Posts

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Even though I love the new models... why the heck all the nurgle stuff? I've never liked nurgle, never will. Thats the same for pretty much all the chaos players in my area, Nurgle is defiantely the least popular.. so why so much FW love when Khorne and Tzentch are more popular?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts