Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Warhammer FAQs have been updated to V1.2, with a number of important changes to most of them, including the main rule book FAQ.

Get them here.

Anything with V1_2 has been updated, anything else hasn't been.

Bretonnians:
Good - Lance can disrupt and get steadfast! Woot!
Bad - Fay enchantresses Body Guard count against the Lords Choice! :shok:. Now we'll never get to use her, in less than a 3000 point battle, and to have a full unit of Grailies, you need 4000 points! And she'd be the only lord in there! faaaaark....

OnG:
on a Waaaagh!, warmachines are unaffected.

BRB:
Standard of discipline does give your general a higher LD to give out with his Inspiring Presence. LD10 generals all round folks.

Empire:
The STank is no longer immune to Pit of Shades! Finally cleared up that copy-paste incident.

High Elves:
Dragon Princes are no longer immune to flaming attacks - now it's only a 2+ ward save against them.

Post the big changes you see, and I'll put them up :)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Typical Games Workshop! Put up new FAQs then take the site down "for maintenance". WTF? Secret FAQs now?:ireful2:

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
Yup, still down... well if the standard of discipline does work to give general +1Ld and keeps his inspiring presence then ironguts just became a standard choice (although they've always have used the standard of discipline in any game Ive used them anyway).

Cant wait to see the ogre/WE FAQs... see if they've updated anything that really didnt make sense.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Yup, still down... well if the standard of discipline does work to give general +1Ld and keeps his inspiring presence then ironguts just became a standard choice (although they've always have used the standard of discipline in any game Ive used them anyway).

Cant wait to see the ogre/WE FAQs... see if they've updated anything that really didnt make sense.
I wish I'd saved them now, but from what I remember, most of the Ogre stuff was on the Giant, and it's attacks. Can't remember much else, though I'm sure there's a few changes in there...

and oooh... uh, bad news on the WE front. Obviously Wood elves are perfect already in rules terms, and need no rules clarifications what-so-ever.

bWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA, who am I kidding, GW just hates treehuggers :p

·
Registered
324 Posts
Well, FINALLY got a look at the FAQs. WE aren't the only perfect army. Lizardmen didn't get an update (oops! almost said "upgrade".Silly me!) either. Aside from what's been posted already, not a whole lot of new material. Almost not worth printing out to take with me. After the wait it was rather anticlimactic.

Strange, though. A lot of the items that really need to be addressed were ignored in favor of spelling out the obvious for the RAW crowd. Well, maybe in next month's update (almost did it again!).

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Chaos Trolls can now Vomit as supporting attacks. Provided they all do it of course.

And the CoB now have 4 wounds as it should.

·
Registered
147 Posts
High Elf Special and Rare duplicate choices got capped at 6 and 4, respectively. So no more (ridiculous) 5 repeater bolt throwers in a 2000 pt. army. I'm looking at you, Sethis. :wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts