Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is the right place, but awhile ago I saw some pretty affordable cases on the net that were cardboard and had blue inserts. I can't seem to find them and I don't know who manufactured them. They had a site and also sold on eBay. Any ideas?

Thanks!

·
Banned
5,108 Posts
Not worth it at all, get some water on them and your finished. i HATE to say it...but for Durability so far i have found the gw cases to be worth the stupid price.

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
there great for storing models in since you can afford allot, but not that great for transporting them since they are only card.

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Buy them with either a aluminium hard case for transporting the models you need out of the house, or use the multicase wrappings - I have the 2x cardbox holder multicase and its fantastic, light and durable and when I buy more card inserts for my other units I can swap them arround.

Comparing the larger GW case to the aluminium equivilent from KR i would go with the KR one very time - I have seen far too many large GW cases with the clips and hinges breaking or becoming far too loose - that said they won't dent and are hard as hell, really its preference and whether you want the option of swapping stuff in and out quickly.

·
Registered
477 Posts
The KR card cases are great if you have a car or to store them around the house. If you are travelling to your gaming club etc on public transport then they can start to get a bit tatty.

And yes they are resilient to water. I have two card cases and one large aluminium case from KR. The GW cases are pretty poor in comparison and the foam options you get with KR are much better. (I dont work for them.. honest :D)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah the foam definately looks a lot better. I do use public transportation and usually put my case in my hiking backpack (water resistant) as I don't like carrying them by the handle. So there*shouldn't* be an issue with water. I like how lightweight and compact they are, but there certainly are limitations in durability and water resilience. I really like the aluminum one a lot. We'll see, I don't like forking out $60+ for a case.

These guys make really nice cases to: http://www.saboldesigns.net/home.html
Any experience with them?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts