Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, here is what I've been doing lately, Bane Stone and Idol of Gork. I have several more orders for the same client,
Elven waystones, some portals etc etc, and I'll update you as soon as I finish them. Enjoy.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
here is a little update on my latest commissions:

Charnel Pit, but this item can also be used as a Wyrding well

Sorcerous portal

great addition to any battlefield, I am really satisfied how this looks.
It can be used as Arcane ruins and Acropolis of Heroes also

and Elven waystones, I made those with two different options, separate ones, and two jined so that they can represent Portal
with enough space in between for the regiment to go through.

That's it for now, see you soon!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Sweet stuff, so do you just make that with styrafoam, or with green stuph?

Im guessing styrafoam from the look of the stuff, because it looks like the texture underneath the paint

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So here is another update on 8th edition terrain; mostly these are gifts that I built for clients that made large orders. I usually ask them what army they play and then make something that will suit them well.
Here is a Statue for Bretonnians:

Turn counter for Orcs&Goblins; also, this terrain is good for Idol of Gork or Sinister statue:

And a variation of scree slope, with a little Bane stone addition:

I hope that you have enjoyed! See you soon!

·
Registered
27 Posts
That's some nice looking scenery. I like your standing stones a lot. They look just right.

I think the sorcerous portal looks a bit awkward, because of the front-back split. I know that's intentional, but I think the divide is too harsh. It might look better with some glowy magical lightning painted along the seam. Some additonal terrain in similar styles to fill the rest of the table might help too.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Love it, great work. +rep! I paticularly like the trun counter, are the numbers painted on? The sorcerous portal is much better than Games Workshop's one, your's is excellent. Wish I could make terrain like this.

Midnight

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Okay, it's time for an update, I haven't had much time 'cause I got married in the meantime, but here is something new that I made, and as usual, most of these stuff has been sold already :) Stay tuned, more updates in a couple of days...

This is another version of Elven Waystone terrain, I made it to represent Avatar-like piece...

An Altar of Khaine:

And a Warhammer Watchtower:

Some crazy steampunk stuff on the way!
Dreamspirit

·
Registered
161 Posts
Cool nice scenery even though I don't play fantasy what type of Styrofoam do you use? I have heard that bluecor is pretty good and where do you get your foam from as I am trying to get into using foam for scenery projects but I don't have a clue.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks, I use pink foam, and I buy mine in local DIY store. You can try on places like that, if you've got some near you, or perhaps stores that are selling construction material for houses (this is material that they use it), home depos... Pink foam, or blue foam, the are all good. Cheers!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey hey, I have a lot of stuff to show today, been busy lately, and here are some of the new stuff, and some old stuff made again
for some new clients. So enjoy...

This is another fantasy forest, this time improved, with a lot of scatter pieces that you can move around, and that block line of sight,
and some fish in the pond.

Another Altar of Khaine, this time with a tree:

some small ''scatter'' forest...

There is some more stuff curently WIP, so I'll keep you guys updated. Cheers!

·
Registered
72 Posts
nice try I see in here. I am going to mention two issues I find in your project. Just trying to help. Not to insult you or your job.. :)
1)IMO about the rocks/hills you should do them more smooth where they join the bottom surface (table?). This way when you put them on a table they would seem more natural.
2)Another issue (always IMO) are the colors you are using. They are too.. let's say.. unnatural (not sure if there is such a word in english but I try my best to express my self in your language). Or unreal might be closest to what I mean. Don't take it as a critisism to your choice of painting something orange, blue e.t.c. Ok, paint it orange. But you could smooth that orange with some brown for example to make it a little bit closest to something natural.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey, thank you for your critics. If there isn't any positive criticism, one cannot make any progress, so feel free to speak your mind ;)
1. you are absolutely right, transitions should be more smooth than they are now, and surely it will bring more joy for playing on sucha battlefield.
2. colors are natural, it's just that not until you mentioned, I didn't saw that they look pretty purplish :). They really are not in real life, but I bought a new camera recently, and now am trying to find out how it works ;)

Cheers!

·
Unfinished Project King
7,409 Posts
Nice work on the scenery. I am a big fan of the large googling eye:good:! keep up the good work.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts