Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you go to the Games Workshop website today, it's nothing but Warhammer 8th Ed. I'd put a link to the advance order for 8th ed on here, but there's really no point since all you gotta do is go to GW. There's some fancy looking new templates and goodies to spend money on, and some pretty pricey rule books too. The basic rule book is gonna be $75 this time around... and if you just like to piss on money or burn it for no reason, then you can get the super nifty looking collectors ed for a measley $125.

All that aside, i'm actually eager to look at and try out the new rules... and see if i have to put a warhammer army up for sale....

·
Registered
1,624 Posts

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
The 'Gamers Edition' is actually better value for money... with all the extra templates and dice your getting with the rulebook, your saving like £10 on the seperate buying price... plus, you get the bag which you can't get otherwise.

The other one is just the rules book done up snazily.

·
Registered
253 Posts
The 'Gamers Edition' is actually better value for money... with all the extra templates and dice your getting with the rulebook, your saving like £10 on the seperate buying price... plus, you get the bag which you can't get otherwise.
You only get the rule book,dice,templates and counters in the gamers editon so your paying £10.00 for the bag.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
The rulebook is £45.

Costing £75, The 'Collector Edition' Is only the rulebook in essence though... so your paying an extra £30 just to have it fancier.

The Gamers edition is the Rulebook, ranging set, dice, counter set AND the templates and costs £75. To buy it all seperately would cost you £83... Plus you get the exclusive bag with it.

Hence, as stated... The Gamers Edition is much better value for money.

Edit: Oh no.. they've pulled a fast one and removed the rangers set from the listing of what it contained... so yeh... £10 for the bag. Still seems a better use of £75 then just the rulebook though.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Yeah I was disappointed by that as well.

If you can actually afford the leather-bound version of the rulebook (and want something other than the pocket version you'll get in Blood isle), I suggest you get it, because a book that thick that's going to see that much use is going to break it's bindings if they're just made of cardboard.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Well, I preordered mine. Just the basic rulebook, some of those templates and those nifty looking dice. Was pricey but there seems to be so much extra in the rulebook!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Always know Games workshop was over priced. but the new rule book is just taking the biscuit. now they have just over priced the whole thing and it puts me off from getting things from games workshop. Being a abnormal games workshop fan. (as in buying only miniatures i like and love all the fluff they brought out brought many a codex and warhammer army book over the last 6 ed's, the price of GW's stuff ( and i mean every thing they sell now) is just so over priced and unaffordable... And it gets on my Goat.

RANT OVER (until next time they overprice something)

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Always know Games workshop was over priced. but the new rule book is just taking the biscuit. now they have just over priced the whole thing and it puts me off from getting things from games workshop. Being a abnormal games workshop fan. (as in buying only miniatures i like and love all the fluff they brought out brought many a codex and warhammer army book over the last 6 ed's, the price of GW's stuff ( and i mean every thing they sell now) is just so over priced and unaffordable... And it gets on my Goat.

RANT OVER (until next time they overprice something)
Have you seen the book? Actually held it and flipped through it? While the 75$ might be overpriced for a hardcover book, when you factor in the sheer amount of time spent on it, I think its probably fairly priced. It really is a great book, lots of fluff/modeling/etc included.

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
just ordered the collectors edition, the brass clasp and multiple ribbons sold it to me, it wont be used for games but its a must own, also ordered those empire civilians too they are awesome, not sure about the range finders and stuff yet, may wait to see them in the flesh then pick up the gamers edition.
Now seems like a good time to start doing my empire project, still struggling to get hold of the last edition empire knights, keep getting out bid on ebay !!!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
650 Posts
I dunno what you guys are talking about (maybe US prices?) but the rulebook in Canda is a whopping 90$, while the collectors is like 145$..... Im sorry but is a book really ever worth 150$?

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
THAT'S IT I'M PISSED. 75$ IS FINE. 128$ IS FINE (THE PROPER PRICE WITH EXCHANGE RATES) BUT 200$ IS NOT FRKIN GOOD ENOUGH!!!:angry::angry::angry:
IT IS CHEAPER FOR ME TO ORDER IT FROM GW UK!
Damn straight.. although I'm getting mine from Wayland Games instead...'tis a pity they don't do the limited edition otherwise I'd get that one.

·
Registered
650 Posts
THAT'S IT I'M PISSED. 75$ IS FINE. 128$ IS FINE (THE PROPER PRICE WITH EXCHANGE RATES) BUT 200$ IS NOT FRKIN GOOD ENOUGH!!!:angry::angry::angry:
IT IS CHEAPER FOR ME TO ORDER IT FROM GW UK!
WOW dude... I feel for you, I thought Canada had it rough, but 200$ is just ridiculous...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I sent GW a email asking about the price

"Hello, I was just wondering why is it cheaper for me to order the warhammer collectors edition & gamers edition rulebook from your UK branch. to buy it from GW uk it would cost me 128 AUD plus postage of about 10 dollars. why is this? it just inconveniences your customers."

this was there reply

"Good afternoon,
Thanks for writing in. Each business sets it's own prices for it's products. The Warhammer 8th edition rulebook retails for $124 AUD here in Australia with free of charge standard shipping anywhere in Australia. You can place a pre-order on our website here;
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCats.jsp?catId=cat1510420&rootCatGameStyle=wh

Thanks again, feel free to contact us again if you have any further queries."
what did that have to do with the original question???

1 - 20 of 22 Posts