Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Warhammer 40k Dark Millennium Online First Playable Race

8738 Views 74 Replies 54 Participants Last post by  chaos_warrior_marine

It has been confirmed that, obviously, the Imperium of Man will be playable in the upcoming Dark Millennium Online. Space Marines, Imperial Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus and even their Titans are all playable choices. Still waiting on some Chaos footage.
21 - 40 of 75 Posts
Hmm it seems that there will be alliances in the game.

Dark Millennium Online Official Site said:
On the very edge of the galaxy lies the Sargos Sector. For centuries it was rendered uninhabitable and isolated by volatile Warp Storms. Even now, deep within the sector the very fabric of reality is unraveling. Only the ancient Sentinel Devices hold the Warp at bay.

But the ravages of time and meddling of humanity have weakened the Sentinel Devices-and now, the battle for these lost worlds is at hand. Drawn to the conflict, the great races of the galaxy descend upon the Sargos Sector, seeking to preserve reality-or to tear it asunder.

Side with the forces of Order, or the vile hosts of Destruction, in a war that will unlock ancient secrets, reveal dark purposes, and determine the fate of the Sargos Sector. For in this dark millennium, there is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter.
I suppose that Imperium and Eldar is not an impossible alliance, its happened before so I dont see any real problem with it. And Orks and Chaos did ally in DOW: Winter Assault so I can't see a problem here. As long as they threaten each other a lot.
Bah. If I cannot play a Battle Sister I'm not much interested.
Bah. If I cannot play a Battle Sister I'm not much interested.
As I said let's wait before passing judgment. Besides if they don't add Sisters will just sue them for being sexist. I still haven't seen a single female.
A) I wasn't passing judgement so much as lamenting a perceived deficiency. I am not only willing, but actually hope to be proven wrong.

B) MMO is sexist - oh what a god damned surprise...

It's 2010, if the industry hasn't fixed that by now, they probably never will... The north pole is cold, but it seems a bit futile to complain about that too.

I'm still hoping to be pleeantly surprised on both counts, though.
I'm using the ipad to type this, so I can't upload a vid until I get home, but if you watch the trailer on youtube, you'll find that ORKS are also a playabke race. You get to ride Deffkoptas.
I really want it but i really really hope there isn't a monthly subscription, thats why iv never bought other mmo's because of that fact,
I really want it but i really really hope there isn't a monthly subscription, thats why iv never bought other mmo's because of that fact,
I'm with you on that one.
I really want it but I really really hope there isn't a monthly subscription, thats why ive never bought other mmo's because of that fact.
I dont think there will be a subscription fee. Lots of MMOs are becoming free to play. Warcraft is free now, Everquest is going to be free and theres talk that EVE Online might become free.

Upcoming MMOs like The Old Republic and Dark Millennium Online likely will be free as well. And I intend to get both.
I dont think there will be a subscription fee. Lots of MMOs are becoming free to play. Warcraft is free now, Everquest is going to be free and theres talk that EVE Online might become free.

Upcoming MMOs like The Old Republic and Dark Millennium Online likely will be free as well. And I intend to get both.
To be honest I associate 'free' with crap. Although, some paid subscription games also fit into that category.

I must say that £10 a month for an mmo with ever changing content feels better value than £40+ for the latest FPS (let's face it every other console game is a fps) that can be completed in a few hours. But different strokes for different folks.

I've played Warcraft for about 3 years (though quit about 6 months ago) and recently started playing Eve and i can't see how either game could have had any long terms appeal without constant support from developers, moderators, etc.

On a separate note, is warcraft free? or do you mean WAR? As i say, i haven't played warcraft for months, but thought it would have been more largely advertised if it was now free (and it would perk my interest).

And finally (back on topic) -

What do we think all the playable factions will be?

I would suspect that they will loosely play with the lore (like with WAR) and clump DE, Orks and Chaos, then Imperium, Eldar and maybe Tau for the 'good guys'.

edit: Diablo 2 was the most awesome non-subscription online game, but not an mmo (just has an urge to add that!)
See less See more

Warcraft isn't free, and Warhammer Online only has a free trial for Tier 1 characters. No idea what you're referring to.
Alright, here's the vid:

Orks look awsome to play!
Looks shit.

They should take a leaf out of Turbine's book and make Dark Millenium Free To Play, but with the option to purchase additional content as you wish like Dungeons and Dragons Online (my favorite MMO to date).
that's the subscription model for failing or out of date mmo's now.

I've heard Blizzard talk about going that route once they are done producing expansions for the game. This works because they are no longer paying developers dedicated to that game alone.

MMO's have to go the subscription route at the start to recoup their investment and maintain levels of quality in the game.

Personally i hate games that constantly come out with new little tidbits but charge for everything you can do or own in game. I prefer a monthly fee and full access to everything.
that's the subscription model for failing or out of date mmo's now.
Meh... DDO and LotRO are both more recent than WoW, and the graphics hold up better (in my eyes) than WoWs on a decent system. Admittedly, both look poor on a low end system, where WoW still looks pretty good.

The different models suit different types of players - a subs based game works out best for people who can put a good few hours in a week and can feel that they're getting value for money from it. A pay as you play model suits a lot of folks who can devote much time and don't want to pay a set monthly fee for something that they might not get to use much from one month to the next.

(Yes, I know the subs aren't a huge expense for any game out there just now - the difference is mostly psychological. I currently have a lifetime sub to lotro, which is about to go F2P, and a subscriber to WoW, so don't go accusing me of favouritism either ;) )

Personally i hate games that constantly come out with new little tidbits but charge for everything you can do or own in game. I prefer a monthly fee and full access to everything.
WoW has been the least updated MMO of any I've dabbled in - outisde of the expansions, the only thing that gets added is the odd dungeon or raid. Compare to lotro, who have added piles of new land-areas and zones since release, and have only charged for two expansions (both when the level cap increased, and the 2nd expansion at about 1/2 of general retail price for games). The expansion next week releases another huge new area as well as some other big in game changes with no fee.
See less See more
that looks awesome
i really hope that there are flamers
well it LOOKS like it can be good, which ATM is all i need to know.

a few things i wish could happen a "design your own" creator for normal (C)SMs & IG

as for the way to "pay" for MMOs id rather pay by total time played 10-100 hours cheaper each increment you go up for playing the less you pay upfront: bonuses are you pay for what you use, no OMG i paid $20 this month & played MAYBE 20 hours feeling...sounds genius to me
If people are talking about MMO's, what about that Runescape? I tried it ages ago, and you bare loads for free, and shit loads more that's ever increasing and improved on like every week if you pay like £5 a month, and the graphics aren't that bad now.

It's not exactly WASD, but it's a bit like a Point and Click adventure that's a challenge.

It's not exactly WASD, but it's a bit like a Point and Click adventure that's a challenge.
A challenge to your patience, maybe. I tried that game in high school and nearly vomited in rage within the first hour. Why does everyone move so fucking slow? -_-
haha, there's now a run button. =)

I got to like level 30 and could start teleporting everywhere and it became better. But found better things to do, like shooting shit up on those £45 FPS every seems to hate.

Medal of Honour 2010 is my wet dream.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.