Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I almost fell out of my chair when I saw this on Facebook. It seems the GW 40k page is looking for feedback in the FAQ document they're working on for the core rules (and based on some comments it seems similar projects will be occuring for other books, one book at a time):

Hey everyone,
Our rules guys have the first of the Warhammer 40,000 FAQ drafts for you guys to feed back on.
We got so many questions for this game, that we’re going to be asking for feedback on the answers one book at a time. We’re starting with the big one: the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook.
Do the answers all make sense? Are they clear?
(We’re looking for whether you understand them rather than if you like the answer.)
Here’s what you need to do
- Read through this draft FAQ
- If you think any answers need clarification, post up a comment on the relevant image
- Make sure your question is concisely written, and in plain English
We’ll leave these up for a week, then we’ll pass on your comments to the rules guys for the final FAQs.
We’ll be posting more FAQ drafts for feedback over the new few weeks for our Warhammer 40,000 Codex titles.
Finally, we wanted to say thanks again to all of you who sent in our questions, to help make this game well all love even better.
If you are at all unsure, this is the Warhammer 40,000 title this FAQ is for.
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-U...ebook&utm_medium=Facebook&_requestid=31693560
Now of course the Facebook thread is here: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1610528622601104&id=1575682476085719 but I'm not one to leave you guys hanging. Here are the pages from the FAQ Draft for your perusal:

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Hah! Arjac Void-Bros is a go.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
FAQ first draft, otherwise known as 40k Except For Dark Eldar Is Saved

Dark Eldar get a blunderbuss to the face all over again, but everyone else? This is awesome. Battle Brothers can't use each other's transports, Psykers can't cast more than their Mastery (fuck you, Librarius!), Characters get the Detachment rules if they join a unit - basically everything I wanted answered is in here answered the way I want (while Dark Eldar are going to take a fairly big hit from not being able to have Power Armour on all their transports all the time, they can still use regular cover, and that rule where you can Jink all the way to the bank and back shooting as you go was a fucking hack and I hated it).

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I don't see it on the Transports picture, where is the Battle Brothers transports bit?

And while questions are being asked, anyone know if you roll the D6 for Exorcist shots before or after you declare a shooting target?

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't see it on the Transports picture, where is the Battle Brothers transports bit?

And while questions are being asked, anyone know if you roll the D6 for Exorcist shots before or after you declare a shooting target?
Last question of "Allies and Formations" had the BB transport question.

And I've always chosena target and then rolled as without a target you can't resolve the profile.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Q: Do blast weapons, regardless of size or type, now hit all models at all height levels under the template? And if so, is intervening terrain (such as bridges or floors) ignored when determining how many hits are caused?
A: A blast marker or template affects all models underneath it, including those on different levels of a piece of scenery. (Designer’s Note: Earlier versions of this rule restricted the effect of blast markers and templates to models on ‘a single level’ of scenery. This created problems with scenery that didn’t have strictly definable ‘levels’ and we decided on this change for simplicity. In addition, we feel the rules now better reflect the explosions being three-dimensional (i.e. spherical and not circular) as well as better representing the deadliness of weapons such a flamers when used in confined spaces.

....interesting...

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Wait, what?

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Was a surprising find among all the rest.
This doesn't apply to all template weapons, does it?

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Well that's getting house ruled.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
You're house ruling a simplification? Usually it goes the other way around.
My buddies and I like to add a bit of flavor in here and there. Within reason, of course.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
GW did point out there was more flavor in treating explosions as 3d events instead of flat discs.
Sphere? Sure. Death cylinder of infinite doom? Maybe not. We'll see how it goes. IDK. Besides that minor silliness, I very much like what I have read.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
A thing was one way, then it wasn't, now it is again.

All hail the power of the template!

What I'm stoked for is my frag cannon dreadnoughts getting two D3 overwatch hits. Noice.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts