·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
[video]
[/video]

^The Video is the analysis^

foot note
With E3 coming along, I decided to analyze the new MMORPG from THQ set in the WarHammer 40k universe, Dark Millennium Online. With pretty cool graphics and huge war scenes, this game looks like its going to be kickass. Though I'm still undecided on how missions/quests will work in the game, I have faith that THQ with their other award winning WH 40k titles, will bring in a new and innovative way to do missions in the backdrop of the 40k universe.

In the video you will see-

Characters
Factions and races
Vehicles

·
Registered
28 Posts
thanks for posting this. looks pretty cool.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
In the video you will see-
Characters
Factions and races
Vehicles

Ok, that really is not an analysis. Just saying that its "kickass" and "cool" doesnt really put it all together does it?

What characters did you see? Space Marines? Which chapters? Chaos? Imperial Guard? Did you see a Titan? What about a Defkoppta? Or any other vehicles? Did you see a Dread in there?

If your going to analyze something, then you cant be that vague. You have to be specific in what's in the video and what you saw. Not trying to be a [email protected] here but I just hate it when someone says they are going to analyze something and then....dont.

·
Registered
25 Posts
@loki1416, you did watch the video right? or, did you jsut assume the video there was a trailer, and his little note at the bottom was the analysis. i think the latter. so dont talk shit about people without even taking a look at WHAT THEY ARE POSTING. that is all. -end rage-

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
@Hemophile44: Actually, I wasnt talking shit and I certainly wasnt talking shit about someone. What I said was a politely put thought on someones work (criticism in other words). I didnt cuss him out, wasnt rude, and didnt say anything that could be considered mean except that I didnt think it was much of an analysis. The only person around here getting attitude is YOU. So unless you are attacked directly, it's none of your concern. Besides, if you read below, you will see that some people take the time to appologize for their mistakes. So worry about what YOUR ARE POSTING instead of what others are posting. -end rage- (LMFAO)

@Markkoh: Sorry Markkoh, I did assume that it was just the trailer and that's all you had said about the trailer. I sincerally appologise for my assuming something that was entirely wrong.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I definitely need to see more I buy this game though.

also, do you guys see any chance of Eldar or Tau making an appearance in the game? and being playable races?

what if I dare to say so, necrons and tyranids?

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
I know I won't be buying the game for the simple reason I HATE paying to play games after I've already bought them.

Seriously.. why shell out like £120 a year to play a game thats complete, and I don't have to buy new bits for? That £120 would buy me an entire army, or 4 other computer games.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well if the monthly payments mean regular updates, quests, locations and overall more experience in the same game then I wouldn't mine paying.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I guess were all in line for apologies.

@Loki, I sincerely apologize. When i see a lack of cussing on a post i believe to be offensively put, I find it to be for a lack of repercussions. You are right and i took my "defensive" attitude too far. again I am sincerely sorry,
Hemophile
@Markkoh, good edit to the post, lets hope it will stop people like me from blowing up on commentators.
@

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
@Hemophile44: Done and over with :)

Like anyone else, I want to buy a game and be able to play it. No hidden costs, no forced groups to join (like xbox live). But when it comes to an MMO, your not paying for a "full game". Because what your buying now will NOT be the same in 6months time (at the least). It's a game that will be constantly changing. Having something added or taken away. What your paying for is that your buying into a game that will forever evolve. They are going to be constantly adding new things, updating this or that, making your experiene deeper. Fluff wise, they have the potential to put in anything!

@Markkoh: I (personally) wouldnt count on too many races being in the game at first. If they added every single race now, that would really limit their expansion to the future. I see them putting in a few races now (humans, orks, chaos, eldar, SM's) to get people playing. Then, down the road, an expansion will hit the shelves with Necrons or Tyranids or dark eldar. So for now I would just expect the basic races but hope for the most races.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I would find tyranids very interesting as a race. Personally, I see them as a region infested with them, no. A race. Although being a lictor would be very satisfying. This is also just my opinion, but I don't think imperial guardwill be playable at first, at least from the trailer. The image of them show them in fortifacations, and just the image shouts npc to me. Can't wait for eldar and chaos.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I will definitely be giving skulls for the skull throne.

I have never played an MMO prior to this upcoming one. However, watching my friends play them, they seem to offer deals if you buy a year subscription or something of that matter.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I (personally) wouldnt count on too many races being in the game at first. If they added every single race now, that would really limit their expansion to the future. I see them putting in a few races now (humans, orks, chaos, eldar, SM's) to get people playing. Then, down the road, an expansion will hit the shelves with Necrons or Tyranids or dark eldar. So for now I would just expect the basic races but hope for the most races.

that is a most excellent point. with such a rick universe THQ would most likely milk it for all its worth. With that said, I would like to see how THQ models the traditional RPG classes -

warrior
mage
archer

around the backdrop of races such as space marines-

Standard space marine
Librarian
scout sniper

I would find tyranids very interesting as a race. Personally, I see them as a region infested with them
hmm, not quite sure how they would fit into the 40k universe, seeing as Tyranids are always moving from planet to planet depleting their natural resources from them. So an idea that Tyranids would just infest an area of a planet wouldn't make that much sense...

unless they're a splinter group of an invading Hive fleet.

This is also just my opinion, but I don't think imperial guardwill be playable at first, at least from the trailer. The image of them show them in fortifacations, and just the image shouts npc to me. Can't wait for eldar and chaos.
I don't think anyone in their right minds would choose to be a guardsmen (unless you can be more than one :grin:) But if they allowed players to be a character from the Officio Assassinorum, then I that would be really really good.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I don't think anyone in their right minds would choose to be a guardsmen (unless you can be more than one :grin:) But if they allowed players to be a character from the Officio Assassinorum, then I that would be really really good.
Now, now. I would enjoy trying Guard.

I bet they would work something out where Guard characters get some group bonus when more of them are together in one location. I mean, that just makes sense.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Now, now. I would enjoy trying Guard.

I bet they would work something out where Guard characters get some group bonus when more of them are together in one location. I mean, that just makes sense.
lol that would mean alot of players would have to be guardsmen. unless...

oh my god, what about being a commissar? executing guardsmen. fuck yeah.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah group bonus would make sense, or maybe you act as a squad leader and control a squad? Commisar, priest, assassin? All speculation.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Although the morale affect would be laughable for IG. Everyone else it's viable.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts