Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
*Ahem* OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!
I need this game but beforehand I need a better comp.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Yeah, I'd been toying with the idea of picking up one of those Nvidia barebones boxsets...then I saw this trailer. I have started saving. We'll see if I survive this summer with a new edition (the best looking one yet IMO) of Fantasy next month. If the starter set, due out this fall, has got some empire in it, I may have to try and build a 1000 point empire army. Drats! They have me again. "Everytime I get out, they keep dragg'n me back in".

·
Registered
246 Posts
DAAAAAM I NEED IT. "add to buy list."

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Looks nice but Warhammer Online taught us that while it might be shiny, the mechanics could easily be disappointing. I think I'll have an opinion 1, when it turns out that theres no playable Chaos faction (->I ignore the existance of the game) 2, when the first reviews start appearing 3, when I played the game. Until then I'll stick to my Chaos Marines and soon-to-be Sisters. :p

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
Okay, that looks pretty cool. Still, I'll have to wait for reviews and stuff before forking out the cash. I have something against having to pay every month for the right to play a video game that I already purchased.

·
Slave to Heresy!
8,803 Posts
Kill gretchin, grab his hat.

kill gretchin, grab his hat.

Take hat to hat dealer and trade in for 5 bolter rounds and a red helmet lens.

WoW = Shit
STO = Shit
Warhammer Online = Shit
MMOs = reclusive tendencies and social degradation.

Sorry guys, I'd rather pick my arse with a red hot BBQ poker than play this.

·
Ancient Relic
2,430 Posts
I wonder which Chapter these guys are supposed to belong to?

http://kotaku.com/5563655/40k-mmo-screens//gallery/1

Probably another Chapter being made exclusively for a video game. They look... a lot like Black Templars, but with red and blue thrown in.
they are the red and grey-ish templars, hurrah! catchy, isnt it. i bet they are a chapter who recruit from the IG so that you can become one in the game.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts

kill gretchin, grab his hat.

Take hat to hat dealer and trade in for 5 bolter rounds and a red helmet lens.

WoW = Shit
STO = Shit
Warhammer Online = Shit
MMOs = reclusive tendencies and social degradation.

Sorry guys, I'd rather pick my arse with a red hot BBQ poker than play this.
I for one would much rather play some shit than have it grafted to my ass through heat. Just an opinion, I don't wanna go the way of Edward II thanks :wink:

That said, i'm not sure if i'm gonna get it. I tend not to play MMOs

·
Registered
257 Posts
It would be all about the mechanics in my opinion. There is really no healing class in 40k... so that means the game would be a potion popper like Diablo and in terms of MMO's... RF Online. That in my head doesn't make an interesting game.

I see this game being souly about large battle PvP and very little PvE elements.

Items and Gear would most likely be based off the armies existing codexs... bolters for SM, shukien catapults for eldar, etc.

The more I think about it... the more I think this game will be exactly like RF Online except with a better story line. But really, all it is is large PvP combat and unbalanced classes. Also a espically boring grind session to get to be powerful enough to do anything.

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
It would be all about the mechanics in my opinion. There is really no healing class in 40k... so that means the game would be a potion popper like Diablo and in terms of MMO's... RF Online. That in my head doesn't make an interesting game.
There's the Apothecary for the Space Marines, the Medic for the Guard... and yeah.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts