Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a couple of weeks ago I proxied a war boss on a war bike and fell in love with it. fully kitted out he's a real beast on the table from the saddle of that damn bike. I was going to buy a warbiker kit and make one...but the bikes are so small, their normal boy sized not bigga boss sized. So I made a hog that I think is fitting for a warboss, its constructed entirely out of trukk kit peices. and a few odds and ends (and some glue scarred bits I traded to get, but they'll look good once I get done)

So here it is Da Wartrike.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Good luck trying to find cover in that thing!

oh wait, warbike. nevermind then.

I think it needs a little something on the back there, as well as a seat of some kind for the Boss. anyhoo, +rep, because that is frigging cool. Always good to see someone do something big and scary.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Hey, I love it! Nice idea using the truck chassis for forks etc.

I hope you dont mind, i might have to steal that one - Ive been trying to make a Wazzdakka conversion for ages, and so far its been a fiasco!

Anyway, +rep:good:

·
Registered
601 Posts
One word: WOW!

I really like the conversion and it looks very nice. I think people'd rather not blast it off the table, because he looks so good!

I would add something on the rear of the thing too! Maybe a Gretchin with a gun, which counts as the warboss's gun? Or make one look as if he's hanging on and nearly falling off or something? Just some ideas, though he looks great already!

EDIT:
+REP

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have two ideas for the rear of the bike...one is use the remaining trukk bits, to make a sort of "trailer" for the bike with some boyz in, but the problem is it increases the already gigantic footprint of the thing. I will most likely take your suggestions, see if I can build a gretchin clinger-on or a nice little gun emplacement.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh and yeah, go ahead and use any of it you want, I'd prefer to see a score of custom warbikes. their one of my favorite parks of the ork army, just because, giving a really big angry guy a motorcycle seems like a natural choice.

I cut the frame right by the slight bend where the cab sits, and turned it upside down and reglued it. so it kind of was motorcycle shaped, Also, the front wheel is the wheel off a lobba kit. I was having trouble finding a way to make the "one sided truck wheels" look nice in the front there.

·