Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I first got involved with 40K years back, just as a hobby. I collected Blood Angels and just painted them, did a few conversions. But never played, lived in an area where there weren't alot of people my age playing tabletop games.

Skip ahead to now, I have traded my Blood Angels to a friend for some really rare records. And have reincarnated myself as an Ork Warboss.

I have since played 3 games, 2 against 'Nids, and 1 against my former BAs and lost only to the BAs. I am trying out a few ideas, and that one did not pan out at all.

My friends and I have questions about the game in general, mostly with combat resolution. But we are planning a trip to a shop on the Battle Bunker to handle that.

I am curious to see what this as a forum has to offer as opposed to an all Ork forum. As well as to see what GW has instore for my greenskins with the new codex and *crosses fingers* new models.

But can anyone tell me, how many orks does a wartrukk carry? It's not listed under the vehicle profile in the codex. I am not sure if running trukks is the way to go and knowing how many I can cram in there would be a big help. Look forward to discussing this amazingly addictive and intriguing game with you all.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Trukks carry ten models. This information is in the Warboss entry, because that's logical. I hope the new Codex is laid out in a more sensible fashion.

Trukks are very fragile, but trukk boyz have a special ability that negates that to some extent, so I'd definitely use that combination. I'd think more carefully about using trukks with other units.

But take what I say with a grain of salt; I haven't played Orks since 2nd Edition, and they're a very different army now, so I'm just going by my reading of the Codex, not actual gaming experience.

Oh, and welcome to Heresy Online! I hope you stick around for a while, as it'll be good to chat more about Orky fings!

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Hey dude welcome to the forum.

What has this forum got over a Ork only one? more people to bash over the head thats for sure. On a serious note it has a whole lot of people who play different armies who are very willing to dish out the dirt on the weaknesses of each other and themselves.

Hope you enjoy your time, feel free to ask questions and I'll see you in the Pit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I have always been wary or trukks and bikes. For several reasons, the first being the models are "meh". I feel I could piece together my own kustom job, but why waste time on something that could eat up an afternoon when I could be drinking or building my army?

The guy at the GW shop tried to push a Battle force box on me that included Trukks and bikes, claiming their 5+ cover save, generated by the bikes as a prime feature. I told him I wasn't down with bikes and wasn't building a speed Kult army and just wanted my 2 boxes of Boyz and Warboss. I accquired some bikes and buggies in a craiglist deal (whole box o' gubbinz! Slugga and shoota boyz, leman russ, baskalisk, sentinels, Nobs, and other goodies all for $50!) So I have the option of fielding them but like I said before.. meh.

My main goal is to assault and therein lies the appeal of sticking some boyz on a trukk... but my gaming group (all 3 of us) are only fielding 500 pt armies at the moment.

My reasoning for joining this forum over an all ork forum is simply diversity. I enjoy reading about what other armies are up to, how they work, the simple dynamics of how 40k works. I hope to learn some and contribute while here!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts