Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a creation out of my own twisted mind, purely because vulcan mega bolters look so badass, and because there's something sickly appealing about being able to gun down an entire platoon of guardsmen with one model. And with the "Create Your Own Datasheet" rules in Apocalypse, there's no reason it's not perfectly usable. I playtested it with my Baneblade today, and really, it's about the same threat-wise as a standard baneblade, so the points should line up pretty well. Let me know what you all think!

WARBLADE SUPERHEAVY TANK
A desperate bid for armoured units able to gun down vast swathes of lesser tyranid organisms prompted the attempt to mount vulcan mega bolters to baneblade chassis. While the Adeptus Mechanicus does not approve of such swift adoption of "techno-heretical" hardware, the Warblade's ability to cut down entire broods of gaunts in one fell swoop has lead the Adeptus Munitorium to ignore the cries of protest from Mars.

941.M41 STC 41 Prototype
"Warblade" Anti-Personnel Platform

BS3
Armour 14/13/12
3 Structure Points
500 points

Armament: Turret-mounted Vulcan Mega Bolter (primary weapon), hull-mounted twin-linked heavy bolter turret, demolisher siege cannon; two sponsons mounting two twin-linked heavy bolters each.

Options: The Warblade may be given any of the options presented in Apocalypse for the Baneblade, but may not be designated a Commissar tank or a Command tank. The Warblade may exchange its heavy bolter sponsons for sponsons mounting Hellfire Cannons, as detailed below, for no additional points cost.

Hellfire Cannon: S5 AP4 Hellstorm Template

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Very nice.
Honestly, I'd price it at a minimum of 600 points. The vulcan mega bolter is better than the main gun of the Baneblade by FAR. (Been using the Baneblade recently and the main gun kinda sucks).

Are you going to build and kit bash it?
I'd love to see WiP if you do!
I could totally convert my baneblade to one of these bad boys!

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
The mega bolter is Heavy 15. With all those dice, a lot are gonna come up hits. The template just moved the damage around, but wasn't all that effective in the end.

Today my Baneblade wasn't all that useful. I would have way preferred a Heavy 15 to an Ordinance 1. (Granted, I was shooting at a stompa).

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
I guess I just like the versatility of the mega battle cannon. Sure it won't do as much damage (on average) to a unit of space marines as the Vulcan MB, but I will do A LOT more damage against vehicles and Terminators and the like.

Still, the Vulcan MB is a much cooler lookin' weapon.

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
I just need to correct the tank's name. The Vulcan tank is a Macharius-pattern tank. The goofy WWI lookin' thing is a Malcador.

Cheers!
-Dirge

·
Registered
250 Posts
the vulcan mega gun is mounted on a macharis not a malcador which i think looks pretty cool. if i could afford one it would deffently be in my deamon hunter army.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hmmm, I think the twin mega-bolter would look good, but certainly be a step down in effectiveness over that 10" template. The two Hellstorm templates more than make up for that, though. So, 500 points seems a decent price to me.

(Yeah, it'll be good against gaunts, but the MC will still eat you.:biggrin:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
here is a baneblade that can take down almost any things.
i have made these rules myself sins the only rules for the stormhammer is in the epic warhammer game.
THE STORMHAMMER 950pts.
weapons and equipment:
one double-barrelled baneblade cannon (Primary weapon).
two hull mounted demolisher cannons and two twin linked heavy bolters.
four sponsons each with one lascannon and one twin linked heavy bolter.
searchlight.

structure points: 4.
amour:
BS 3, front 14, side 13, rear 12.

options:
may have the primary cannon replaced with a double-barrelled volcano cannon at 250pts.
can take a commissariat crew at 25pts or may may become a command tank 25pts.
may be given the following upgrades from the imperial armory: hunter killer missile, pindle mounted heavy stubber or stomrbolter.

so this tank can bite true almost anything.

btw you have to make one yourself by buying to baneblade and convert a little bit.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
the points need to be higher than 500pts it looks better than a banblade

·
Registered
9 Posts
estimated point cost will be around 950-1000pts i think. but i have one now and i am going soon to play i think it was around 30 000pts imperial guard vs 30 000 pts tyranides. that is going to be fun.

·
Registered
995 Posts
That sounds like a good game. That's almost a full regiment of IG.

·
Registered
9 Posts
yeah it,s going to be fun. but i fell a little bad for the tyranid player thought. he have to face 8 of my baneblades and 4 full company's of leman russ tanks and a hell lot of infantry. but i got a bad feeling about the size of his tyranid force though. i know he got 3 TYRANID HIEROPHANT BIO TITANS. so i got some bad feelings.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts