Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Death Before Dishonour
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Again as with my Red Wolves list, this is fluffy. I care not for competitiveness or the opinions on some of the units. I take what I want because its 1) fluffy (or as close to) 2) i like the models or the idea behind the models. So as before keep your tournie hoohaa to yourself.

HQ -
Daemon Prince Gorthrax, Chosen of Nurgle
Daemon Prince
+ Wings
+ Mark of Nurgle
+ Gift of Chaos
= 180

Envoy of the Herald
Chaos Lord
+ Mark of Nurgle
+ Daemon Weapon
+ Daemonic Steed
= 180

Great Unclean One
Summoned Greater Daemon
= 100

Elite -
Possessed
7 Possessed
+ Mark of Slaanesh
= 202

Dreadnought
Base cost
+ Additional Dreadnough Close Combat Weapon
+ Heavy Flamer
= 105

Troop -
Plague Marines
7 Plague Marines
+ Plague Champion
+ Powerfist
+ Plasma Gun
+ Plasma Gun
= 231

Plague Marines
7 Plague Marines
+ Plague Champion
+ Powerfist
+ Plasma Gun
+ Plasma Gun
= 231

Plague Marines
7 Plague Marines
+ Plague Champion
+ Powerfist
+ Plasma Gun
+ Plasma Gun
= 231

Plague Marines
7 Plague Marines
+ Plague Champion
+ Powerfist
+ Plasma Gun
+ Plasma Gun
= 231

Heavy Support -
Obliterators
2 Obliterators
= 150

Obliterators
2 Obliterators
= 150

Total = 1991

In fluff terms this army would be going up against my Red Wolves. The Death Guard would be on the more defensive side while the Red Wolves would be actively on the assault.

Grish

·
Halloween Town
477 Posts
Not sure how fluff wise a single slannesh squad fits in with a plethora of joyous nurgle!
Only adjustment I would make is dropping the possed down to 6 for fluff reasons
Gives you enough for a rhino for any last minute objective stealing/contending!?

·
Death Before Dishonour
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure how fluff wise a single slannesh squad fits in with a plethora of joyous nurgle!
Only adjustment I would make is dropping the possed down to 6 for fluff reasons
Gives you enough for a rhino for any last minute objective stealing/contending!?
I was waiting for this to pop up.

I love possessed. Their feel, fluff and the models are very nice. However forking out 50 points on 7 Possessed for +1 T just isnt going to get it's points worth in a 2k list. On the other hand spending 20 and getting +1 I seems a little more sane.

As for it being a single Slaaneshi squad, nonsense, these Daemon infused marines have the burning toxins of Nurgle burning in their veins, causing them to hurl themselves into the fight in order to enter the warm embrace of the Grandfather all the sooner. It feels as if millions of burning needles are stabbing them, increasing the adrenaline produced in their already heightened state...or something along those lines.

Grish

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
id use MoK on the possessed drop 1-2 for a rhino - THEY NEED A RHINO, not sure if youve used them yet Grish, but walking possessed, unless they get fleet & even then, = dead possessed

5 possessed with MoK & a champ costs you 170 pts, so you have enough for a rhino...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts