Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From BoLS:

Emperor’s Shield Infantry Platoon
This bundle gives you everything needed to field the Emperor’s Shield Infantry Platoon, a formation found in War Zone Damocles: Mont’ka. You’ll receive a Cadian Command Squad, two sets of Cadian Shock Troops, two Cadian Heavy Weapons Squads and three Sentinels – thirty-four models in total, for an awesome Astra Militarum strike force!

Tau Rapid Insertion Force
This bundle contains everything necessary to field the Rapid Insertion Force, a Tau Empire formation found in War Zone Damocles: Mont’ka. You’ll receive an XV25 Stealth Team (three Battlesuits and a markerlight Drone), three XV8 Crisis Battlesuit Teams (nine Battlesuits and six accompanying Drones), and an imposing XV104 Riptide Battlesuit with two Drones of its own. Twenty-two examples of the might of the Greater Good!

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Damn. Heard rumours of Mont'ka and was holding out for a slim hope of a little Blood Angels supplement/update to bring them in line with the other Marines and Dark Angels.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn. Heard rumours of Mont'ka and was holding out for a slim hope of a little Blood Angels supplement/update to bring them in line with the other Marines and Dark Angels.
You HAVE seen the new Captain/Chaplain, right? There's more BA coming. Kauvon was 3 armies, so maybe this one will be Tau, Imperial Guards, and Blood Angels. There's also talk of the Assassins... which are being released at the same time as the new BA characters.

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
You HAVE seen the new Captain/Chaplain, right? There's more BA coming. Kauvon was 3 armies, so maybe this one will be Tau, Imperial Guards, and Blood Angels. There's also talk of the Assassins... which are being released at the same time as the new BA characters.
Yes, but I'm somewhat of an eternal pessimist sadly ^^

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Have faith, and paint your red (and gold...and black...) armour. I've got a good feeling there will be a mention or two of the Blood Angels in this campaign book.

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Hmmm. Still no confirmation. Though with the Chaplain and Captain out, it's possible. Also the release of a boxed Demi-company is hopefully due to us getting the formations of others.

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Though I'm confused at how the Blood Angels can be involved at all when they're all meant to be at Baal.

Also not looking forward to them being abused like the Raven Guard. They got all stealthed, we gonna get outfought in melee and assaults??

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Still no confirmation.
Here ya go then:

Though I'm confused at how the Blood Angels can be involved at all when they're all meant to be at Baal.
Not in this book I suppose, but GW writes whatever they feel like writing regardless of what we think might be a more...logical way of seeing it. Either way that new Chaplain is on the cover of the next WD and there's no mention of a special name for either him or the Karlaen model so BOOOO.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Don't the rumours have Nids pegged for an update in 1Q 2016? Maybe BA will get their lovin' around that time, as as far as I'm aware, they currently have a bug problem.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Don't the rumours have Nids pegged for an update in 1Q 2016? Maybe BA will get their lovin' around that time, as as far as I'm aware, they currently have a bug problem.
This is in the realm of possibilities. Time! What a jerk.

New Tau Formations from the Mont'ka book:

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Astra Militarum formations!

Also, scraped from a Facebook group:

These... these Tau ones are all way better than the AsMil ones. That said, I will be fielding some of those AsMil formations, for sure!

I actually have a use for my 30 sanctioned psyker minis again, with a... mini pseudo-Conclave. Fragile as all hell, but join the Primaris into the Wyrdvane squad with a Commissar--massively warp charge and number-of-power buffed 2+ casting Primaris psyker! No jinking after the drop on the Vendettae is a bit disappointing, but I'll still put it to use. Orders for Artillery vehicles? Yes please!

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Emperor’s Shield Infantry Platoon
This bundle gives you everything needed to field the Emperor’s Shield Infantry Platoon, a formation found in War Zone Damocles: Mont’ka. You’ll receive a Cadian Command Squad, two sets of Cadian Shock Troops, two Cadian Heavy Weapons Squads and three Sentinels – thirty-four models in total, for an awesome Astra Militarum strike force!
Lies! Liiiiies. You need 5 Infantry Squads in the Platoon.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Imperial Guard formations got me like DAAAAAAAAYUM

Basilisks and Manticores getting Twin Linked and Ignores Cover on a Cold Blooded Ld8, a blitzkrieg of BS4 Leman Russes with old-school Holo Fields, Primaris Psyker giving you a second copy of all the powers known by your Wyrdvanes (unlike the Librarius, the Psykana doesn't stop the Wyrdvanes casting) with a potentially huge amount of Warp Charge (casting on a 2+, no less!), and, well, more Orders cast from further away and on 3D6 picking the lowest?

I am so happy right now.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts