Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spotted this over on Bolter and Chainsword:

Looks like this one will be a miss for those of us whom have kept up with the previous ebook releases. Seeming to be naught but recycled content.

·
Registered
91 Posts
It depends what stories are gathered there. I don't read the ebook releases or the audio ones so getting them here will be nice.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Why not actually just release Imperial Truth as it got a fantastic front cover? You don't have to incoorperate it into another anthology. It's good that digital shorts are getting released in psycical form, but it just tells that how much repriting it is just now and no new progressing stories.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
http://www.blacklibrary.com/horus-heresy/hh-novs/hh-war-without-end-ebook.html

Looks like a complete reprint of previous content. And thusly a complete miss for me.

This anthology contains twenty-one stories from the Horus Heresy:

Sermon of Exodus by David Annandale
Howl of the Hearthworld & Lord of the Red Sands by Aaron Dembski-Bowden
Black Oculus by John French
The Laurel of Defiance, A Safe and Shadowed Place & Twisted by Guy Haley
Artefacts, The Phoenician, Imperfect & Chirurgeon by Nick Kyme
The Devine Adoratrice & Wolf Mother by Graham McNeill
Hands of the Emperor & The Harrowing by Rob Sanders
Virtues of the Sons by Andy Smillie
All That Remains & Gunsight by James Swallow
By the Lion's Command by Gav Thorpe
Allegiance & Daemonology by Chris Wraight

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
So i own all of them already......

Cheers BL!
And for me the exact opposite. Since I stopped buying the LE novellas and I never bought any eShorts, I don't actually own, and thus have not read, any of these stories except for Daemonology (which a "friend" gave to me and I read specifically because I wanted to know what made Mortarion go full on warp-sorcerer in Vengeful Spirit) so I am actually quite pleased that I have a slew of new HH content to go through.

I get why some aren't happy with this, but I think when BL started making LE stories and online shorts, these reprinted anthologies became inevitable and necessary so that everybody can read them. That said, this should not count as an actual Horus Heresy release in the yearly schedule because all the content was already written. If they released a standard three HH books a year and this was a fourth extra one, it would be perfectly welcome in my book. But sadly I think this is not the case and this does count as one of our HH books for the year, which is not welcome.

LotN

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
An email blast about WwE just went out, but I noticed this blurb at the end:

We haven't finished with the Horus Heresy yet this month.
Check out blacklibrary.com on Monday when we'll have a whole week of Horus Heresy fiction for you to enjoy.

Hopefully its new content, but I am not optimistic.

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
The email blurb says 'the Loyalists strike back!' And it's got only loyalists on the front cover. Yet half the stories or more are of the traitors. Oh well.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.