Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Premium Member
2,600 Posts
I think Wotr really really needs a starter set. I actually really like the game, but yes i agree that there are "a few" holes in the system that could do with tightening up.

also i've had the black handled clippers since they came out and never had any problems. I do a fair bit of building. prehaps it was a batch fault. Gw dont want product that falls apart they want to be known as the best in the business when it comes to quality. if a product falls apart and doesn't do what it should, gw will do whatever they can to sort it out. if you bought them back they would swap them straight away. last week in gw 2 electricians came into the store specifically to buy clippers because they wanted them for trimming cable ties. They said that everyone in the industry said the gw ones were the best and that they were better than some make i'd never heard of that are £20.

· Banned
2,019 Posts
meh, honestly not too interested in a war of the ring starter, its a completely inferior broken system that needs allot of thought put back into it by the designers and writers to fix the many many problems with it, it feels too rushed and far to aimed at just selling models than providing a gaming experience.

although if it has allot of models at a good price, it would be interesting for basic LotR players who want larger forces
I agree it's broken there is one combo invoving 3 characters - (from memory Dain and Aragon make up 2 the other I can't recall right now but it essentially makes you beat anything in CC and you don't even need to roll dice as any 1's you can use might points to auto bolster and it's just so broken!

· Premium Member
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
I think Wotr really really needs a starter set. I actually really like the game, but yes i agree that there are "a few" holes in the system that could do with tightening up.

also i've had the black handled clippers since they came out and never had any problems. I do a fair bit of building. prehaps it was a batch fault. Gw dont want product that falls apart they want to be known as the best in the business when it comes to quality. if a product falls apart and doesn't do what it should, gw will do whatever they can to sort it out. if you bought them back they would swap them straight away. last week in gw 2 electricians came into the store specifically to buy clippers because they wanted them for trimming cable ties. They said that everyone in the industry said the gw ones were the best and that they were better than some make i'd never heard of that are £20.
Could've been a batch thing, mine have always been fine but I have seen one pair shatter.

Anyway back to War of the Ring, the flaws with it could be fixed and I think maybe if they did manage to fix all the flaws it has potential to be a very good game. Untill then I think the only use I will see for a WotR starter set will be for extra minis (which alone makes me hope this rumour is true and makes me look forward to it, everybody loves cheap minis in starter sets - especially if the new Wargs rumour is correct) :) Unless someone is able to get me back into it somehow...

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.