Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· blahblahblahblah
6,613 Posts
meh, honestly not too interested in a war of the ring starter, its a completely inferior broken system that needs allot of thought put back into it by the designers and writers to fix the many many problems with it, it feels too rushed and far to aimed at just selling models than providing a gaming experience.

although if it has allot of models at a good price, it would be interesting for basic LotR players who want larger forces

· blahblahblahblah
6,613 Posts
Did I hear a complain there? Srsly, instead of "Senior Member" it should be "Heresys main complainer"... :laugh:
Truly Hilarious, my sides are splitting from laughter, ha, ha, ha.....ha

although in this case I'm complaining because WotR IS an inferior rushed system filled with flaws galore that needs to be repaired....or just rewritten from the start.

· blahblahblahblah
6,613 Posts
I'll be surprised if GW even makes any worthy proffit for ordinaire LOTR.
actually I remember reading a couple of years back that LotR was still responsible for about a quarter of GW's earnings, fantasy even less, but 40k earning everything else (not including other bits and pieces of course), it has been about the same since reading that, and I wouldn't be suprised if it was equal results before I read that as well.

so its still a very good earner for GW, its just the majority of players plug there ears when people tell them and hum loudly

· blahblahblahblah
6,613 Posts
Surely general Hobby tools: Overpriced paints etc would earn a large portion of GW earnings?
allot of people don't buy GW tools and paints anymore though, Vallejo has pretty much become the wanted brand by everyone, with a few mentioning of P3 and MP, and allot of people use car sprays as primers.

and tools are one area especially that alternatives are found, modern GW tools are unsafe, extremely unsafe, I've seen there knives pop out the handles to fly across rooms and there clippers shatter cutting plastic, and if we include glue in the tools I know allot of people use Revell glue due to the fine control nozzle, and different brans of super glue are used since GW glue is weak as cat piss.

if we include basing materials in the same area as well, PVA glue you can get from £1 stores, and bird cage sand in massive bags for a small price.

so the money they make from these areas is easy to ignore in my opinion, cus its just a losing battle for them when alternatives exist that are superior and cheaper, the only area they do well in from what I see would be washes, there the greatest thing GW have released in many many many long years

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.