Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· nice boy, daft though !
10,179 Posts
A quater? I'm very surprised. Lord of the Rings -I originally thought- was something that would hook the innocent in with, those who would generally fanboy over the films, before they were fed into the machine that is 40k.

Surely general Hobby tools: Overpriced paints etc would earn a large portion of GW earnings?
One of GWs most profitable and best selling items is Chaos black paint, also they shift about 1 million pots of paint a year(from the whole range mind you), you do the maths.

But stella is bang on about lord of the rings it out sold fantasy,not sure if it still does since the move to plastics but its a far larger seller than it gets credit for and is very popular outside of the uk.

· nice boy, daft though !
10,179 Posts
I completely agree with stella on the tool front, i was a huge huge fan of the old yellow handled clippers (yeah i get through alot of clippers) they were sharp and strong and lasted ages, the new grey and black handled one lasted about a week in my office, the second pair about a fortnight, so my wife told my to get some knippex clippers, ok they cost £20 but they are German and they lasted 18 months and bearing in mind how many parts we clip thats pretty good.

I have owned most of my personal modeling tools for well over 10 years and apart from replacing a drill bit here and scalpel blades i dont honestly feel i will ever need to replace them through wear and tear, but that isnt what GW want, they want you to buy new clippers every few years or new knife etc because thats how they make money.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.