Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The Story
It is M32, a thousand years after the Horus Heresy. The Scouring is over and the Imperium at the height of its post-Crusade power. When Magnus the Red is tracked down to Gangava Prime, the Space Wolves hasten to engage the daemon primarch. Even as Great Wolf Harek Ironhelm closes on his ancient enemy, the Fang on the Space Wolves home world is besieged by a massive force of Thousand Sons. A desperate battle ensues as the skeleton forces of Wolf Lord Vaer Greylock attempt to hold back the attacking hosts before the last of his meagre defences gives in. Though a single Scout ship survives to summon Great Wolf Harek Ironhelm back to Fenris, none of the defenders truly realise the full scale the horror that awaits them, nor what the Battle for the Fang will cost them all.
Read it because
Together for the first time in hardback and eBook! A thousand years after the Heresy, the Space Wolves find themselves outgunned as the Thousand Sons invade Fenris. The Battle of the Fang features the clash of the 32nd Millennium - Bjorn the Fell-Handed versus Magnus the Red. See how it all started in the accompanying prequel novella, The Hunt for Magnus.

The Story
It is the end of the thirty-second millennium. For two thousand years, since the fall of Prospero, the Space Wolves have hunted their greatest foe, the quarry who escaped them on that benighted world: Magnus the Red, sorcerer-primarch of the Thousand Sons. Now, Great Wolf Harek Ironhelm has the traitor primarch’s scent... Determined to finish what Leman Russ began, Ironhelm sets out to capture and kill his prey, and the Hunt for Magnus begins.
Read it because:
Chris Wraight's brand new eBook novella tells of the events directly before the battle for the Fang. The Thousand Sons were supposedly vanquished during the Heresy, but when one of the Space Wolves' ancient enemies is encountered on Arvion, Great Wolf Harek Ironhelm will stop at nothing to hunt them down.

Me personally loved Battle for the Fang, and has wanted to see more on Chris tackling not on the Wolves but the Thousand Sons as well. This novella might be interesting but as it's a prequel I'm not sure how much it might add. Perhaps I would have wanted a sequel or just the Thousand Sons. But it still might great. The front cover for War of the Fang is amazing and this is the first time we see Magnus in his Daemon-Primarch-form. The novellas frontcover not that interesting though.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
It's a bit of a sad day when I can look at a Space Wolf story and say, "meh." I'm not sure why, but BL seems to have lost the spark.

Edit: Actually, no, I know exactly why I'm not excited for this; if I'm going to pay for a book, I would much rather get an actual fucking new book and not a book I already own with a few new pages.

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Yeah, part of me wants to buy it because it looks nice, but then I slap myself as I remember, like Helsreach, I already own the main damn novel. As you said, paying a large amount for a few more pages. Pass.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Just got the Hunt for Magnus to read on a flight this weekend. I am looking forward to it but i am slight pissed off with the format of recent releases from BL. Too many novellas and combining of old and new stories! Realese more proper novels!! HH novels seem to have dropped off aswell, unless im missing something?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Hate it. They ought to speed it up with the main heresy story line. And also there is soo many other stories lines to tell but it seems to me they are just rehashing "Battle of the Fang".
And this is a problem how?

Battle of the fang is an excellent book, and more importantly it takes place early in the unexplored 10 000 years that 40K is.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts