Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
as the title says i thinking about starting CSM.
i've been playing Tau for almost 2 years.
so i thought i'd might make a new (small) army.
and CSM sound like alot of fun :grin:

so could any1 give some advice on a 500p CSM army list, it doesnt have to be competitive, just fun to play :)

·
Registered
384 Posts
How's this? This is kind of a basic force, since I don't really know what theme or play style you're shooting for.

HQ:
~Daemon Prince
-Wings
-Doombolt
Total: 140
OR
~Chaos Lord
-Wings
-Daemon Weapon
Total: 150

Troops:
~Chaos Space Marines (9) x2
-Meltagun
-Aspiring Champion
-Power Weapon
Total: 175 per squad

Grand Total: 490

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i thought id go like a basic army with little of both, or mainly cc as that sounds like ALOT of fun,

·
Registered
63 Posts
If you're Doing CC, then a squad of Khorne berzerkers would be good. I run them with a powerfist champion, so they can deal with most anything you're gonna see in 500.

A seperate squad of Vanilla CSM would be good for you, also, with Melta, probably, as you don't really need swarm control.

HQ-wise, you can take your pick. Sorcerers have versatility, but at a cost. Lords have CC versatility, and Daemon Princes are just beasts.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I mainly play 500 games aginst Space wolves and have found that a big edge in small games comes from a well placed heavy support choice. My favorite choices have been a Pred with heavy bolters. I have also discovered that walking guys accross the board is not a good choice. Rhinos give the squad a much needed shield. I use a slanesh themed army so occiasonly use a squad of 6 moise marines all with sonic blasters, they tear up just about any unit in one round of shooting. Knowing what army you will possibly face makes it easier to figure out a list though. I also started playing Tau so i know the fun of HtH i was missing with the forces of the greater good. For HQ's i swap between a Prince and a termie lord with MOS and demon weapon. I also mark all my units as the bonus to Iniative leaves all but the toughest marine units toast before the can hit back.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I mainly play 500 games aginst Space wolves and have found that a big edge in small games comes from a well placed heavy support choice. My favorite choices have been a Pred with heavy bolters. I have also discovered that walking guys accross the board is not a good choice. Rhinos give the squad a much needed shield. I use a slanesh themed army so occiasonly use a squad of 6 moise marines all with sonic blasters, they tear up just about any unit in one round of shooting. Knowing what army you will possibly face makes it easier to figure out a list though. I also started playing Tau so i know the fun of HtH i was missing with the forces of the greater good. For HQ's i swap between a Prince and a termie lord with MOS and demon weapon. I also mark all my units as the bonus to Iniative leaves all but the toughest marine units toast before the can hit back.
well i know i will face orks, and Nids ALOT! as we got 3 ork players in the 500p range and 2 nid players.

but i realy like the idea of an predator, the model is just awesome, and i think i would love painting 1 up :biggrin:

also in my 500p tau i field an hammerhead, so ye heavy support is effective :so_happy:

never ever seen noise marines in battle, but i have read about them, they sound fun!

·
Ancient Relic
2,430 Posts
Noise marines are really one dimensional, but they have good ranged weapons, so if you are facing hordes like nids and orks, they will work well, as their weapons are AP-5, i think. if you want a fun CC army, go all khorne. Go for something like this:
6 Khorne berzerkers: rhino, champ with power weapon
6 Khorne Berzerkers: rhino, champ with power weapon
kharn the betrayer

i am no too sure what that totals up to, but it is prolly around 500-550 pts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well im tilting towards the Noise marines.
does any1 know their pointcost?

or could some1 try putting an 500p list together that includes som noise marines :D
that would be great :)

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
If facing nids and orks a lot then I might suggest trying to get a vindicator instead for the template attack.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I'm a huge fan of squeezing a DP into any 500 pt list. Examples as follow:

Nurgle

DP - Wings, MoN, Warptime
5 Plague Marines - Melta
5 Plague Marines - Melta
1 Obliterator

Slaanesh

DP - Wings, MoS, Lash
5 Noise Marines - 1 Blastmaster
5 Noise Marines - 5 Sonic Blasters
1 Obliterator

Khorne

DP - Wings, Warptime
7 Khorne Bzkrs + 1 champ with pwr fist
Rhino for Bzkers
6 CSM - 1 Melta

·
Registered
442 Posts
right pretty basic 500pt noise marine list

Daemon Prince wings MOS lash 155pts

or Lucius the eternal for cc fun 160pts

6 noise marines 5x sonic blasters plus blast master 185pts

5 noise marines 4x sonic blasters plus blast master 160pts

to take lucius just drop a sonic blaster

Total:500pts

·
Registered
23 Posts
DP- Wings Warptime MOS
Pred- AC heavy bolter sponsons 100
Noise marines- 5 W/sonic blasters 125
Rhino- 35
CSM- 75
Works well aginst Space Wolves haven't tried it aginst anything else yet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
heres a okay list that i used to use its noise marines and regular infantry its not bad for small baddles just lacks in mobility and long range heavy weapons.

HQ
Chaos Lord of khorn
daemon weapon
140pts

8 noise marines
1 champ with blast master
three noise marines take sonic blasters
one marine takes a blast master

5 chaos spacemarines of slanesh
melta gun
105pts

total points

its not a bad list but its not great either

·
Registered
23 Posts
I dont know about the previous list but the point costs are way off. The lord is right but Everything else is wrong. 5 CSM w/ melta 85 pts 8 NM = 270pts and the squad of NM can only take 1 Blast Master. As written it is 495 pts but not legal in standard play.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts