Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had an interesting little game the other day against a deepstriking raven gaurd list, where just about everything was in reserve and about to deepstrike down on me. The list basically comprised of two larger vangaurd vets with all the shiny loot, two squads of assualt marines, some 8 man marine squads in pods and a spattering of libarius conclave in many of the squads, oh and some back feild scouts.

The game was at 1250 so couldn't run my standard battlewagon lists so had to use a bastedized version of it, 3 wagons with 19 boys and nob in each big warboss and the main point I'll be making 9 deathkoptas which ended up being my MVP of the match. Better deployment ment reduced casualties due to flamers torching boys in wagons due to the massed deepstriking flamers but those in range still got a lot of dead boys. But as i said the standout was the deathkopters, with many of my boys dead they had to carry the weight of the battle one squad engaged over terrain with a larger tactical squad and accompanying librarian, it took near to 4 turns of combat (and assistance with 2 boys and a nob on the last turn) but they killed the squad with limited losses of their own. Another squad harassed and killed both a scout squad and the remains of a assault squad and another librarian

So this had me thinking T5 is good against marines, they struggle to do much meaningful damage also with the 4+ save on the deathkopters, therefor it lead to the obvious choice of bikers and deathkopter based armies with have the toughness to survive fire and move fast, both of which are parts of the battlewagon lists that I enjoy. So these lists are ideas for experimentation, the only real problem i have with the list is the requirement for the forgeworld biker boss, insted of the easier to access wazdakka gutsmek who used to be in the ork book and gave the access to more than the three bike squads that this kind of army needs.

Waaaagh of T5 (1745pts)
Orks: Codex (2014) (Combined Arms Detachment) (1745pts)
HQ (270pts)
Warboss (120pts) Gift: Warboss Gazbag's Blitzbike Basic Ork Armour Power Klaw, Slugga
Zhadsnark 'Da Rippa' (FW) (150pts) Warlord, Zhadsnark
Elites (400pts)
Nobz (400pts) Waaagh! Banner, Warbikes for Mob
Boss Nob Power Klaw, Slugga , Nob Big Choppa, Slugga, Nob Big Choppa, Slugga, Nob Power Klaw, Slugga Nob Power Klaw, Slugga, Nob Power Klaw, Slugga
Troops (805pts)
Zhadsnark's Warbikers (161pts) 6x Warbiker Warbiker Nob Power Klaw
Zhadsnark's Warbikers (161pts) Warbiker Warbiker Nob Power Klaw
Fast Attack (270pts)
Deffkoptas (90pts) Deffkopta Twin -linked Rokkit Launcha x3

Waaaagh of T5 (1500) (1493pts)

Orks: Codex (2014) (Combined Arms Detachment) (1493pts)

HQ (275pts)

Warboss (125pts)

Gift: Warboss Gazbag's Blitzbike, Gitfinda Basic Ork Armour Power Klaw, Slugga
Zhadsnark 'Da Rippa' (FW) (150pts) Warlord, Zhadsnark

Troops (948pts)

Zhadsnark's Warbikers (143pts) 5x Warbiker Warbiker Nob Power Klaw

Fast Attack (270pts)

Deffkoptas (90pts)

Deffkopta Twin-linked Rokkit Launcha

Deffkoptas (90pts)

Deffkoptas (90pts)

Any thoughts? how does it look? Something different that's for sure. Personally keen on the idea of running akin to the other and older ork biker lists, but certainly not too sure of its effectiveness.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts